Thread: Nokia E72 internet not connecting in Windows 7

Nokia E72 internet not connecting in Windows 7

I have recently bought the Nokia E72. Actually I have seen that my friend is using this phone to connect the internet connection with his computer. I have also trying to do same but I found that it is not possible in this phone I think there might be some problem with the USB cable but I think it is not the issue. Actually I am using the system with windows 7. I think the issue is that it is not able to connect with the windows 7. Actually same thing is working in my friends PC that is windows XP. I think this is also a bug in windows 7. Please help me to connect the internet connection with the computer system.

Re: Nokia E72 internet not connecting in Windows 7

I think it is the driver issue of the system which might not be supporting to the system. So I would like to recommend you to check all the drivers of the system. Also check the usb cable you are using to connect the internet with the system and mobile phone. I think there might be some fault in the cable you are using in the system. I hope checking of the cable might be a solution for the issue you are getting with the handset and computer.

I have something similar issue with Nokia E72 which is related to data transfer actually I am using internet on the mobile and also downloading files which should be transferred into the computer and while transferring the data I found that it stops the transferring of data after a few seconds of the process starts. I need solution for this issue please helps me in getting the solution.

I think to fix this issue you need to switch to dual mode I think then you will be able to connect to the internet for this you need to go to the settings and then click on the phone and after that proceed to the network setting there you will get the option of dual mode , GSM and UMTS which can be find in the connection setting from there go to destination and then access point and from there just edit your access point after this proceed to advance setting and just verify your IP and DNS should be set to automatic. I hope this will helpful to you.

I am having difficulty connecting my new E72 to either OVI or PC Suite even I have tried both via USB cable. Yes, I am selecting USB mode on the phone. The same software and cable works fine on my E71.The fact that a Nokia is connected is detected by Windows and you can browse the files on the memory card, but you PC Suite thinks that the phone is not set to PC Suite access, so no applications will run. Is this a Windows 7 issue?

I think the solution can be established by reinstalling the entire latest driver and the Nokia ovi suite which can be found from the Nokia’s official website. For this you need to do a backup of all the data of the phone and registries from the system and then uninstall the Nokia OVI suite, PC Connectivity solution, Nokia Connectivity cable driver, Nokia flashing cable driver and after this run PC cleaner and then do the thing which I have described in the beginning of the post. After installing the OVI suite just reboot the system and then start the system and connect your phone with USB.