Thread: How can I switch off the GPS in Nokia N8

How can I switch off the GPS in Nokia N8

It simply happens to me when o try to use the camera in the Nokia N8, there I prefer "yes" to "save position information"- it either finds the position or not, it is irrelevant- but when I switch the camera off, I can observe the GPS indicator occasionally flashing on the upper right side of my cell phone, it appear to me like it keeps on working as well as the only method to solve is to restart the cell phone. Is this a bug? Is this a hardware crisis inside the cell phone? I previously attempted to reinstall the firmware. Does someone have come through this problem in Nokia N8. Just to indicate that, it doesn't occur if I have "save position information" set to "no", and it is irrelevant what position technique I exercise (A-GPS, WiFi or Network based). So anyone overcome across this problem then please reply me.

Re: How can I switch off the GPS in Nokia N8

I don’t think this appears with the GPS system inside the cell phone. Generally gps icon disappears after about 5 seconds after exiting camera inside the Nokia N8. My concern is that are you sure that you are using the "exit" button for the GPS to close because this is the only appropriate method to switch off the GPS inside the mobile check that out if you have not done this on your cell phone as well as don't allow the camera in standby mode?

It’s ideal that the GPS Indicator will be seen simply whenever you try to choose the 'Yes' button to 'Save place Information' as the information is congregate from GPS. It usually remains for a few times (say on the issue of 30 secs. maximum.) when you shut the Camera application. But should not stay behind continuously I am not certain of the answer if it is remaining continuously ON or not. But just a proposal for Stand By solution as an alternative of re-booting the phone you may try switching the 'Save position Information' to 'Off' earlier than finishing the camera application. in addition to check if that makes dissimilarity.

Yeah I'm not using any additional programs or applications or widegts (apart from Nokia Battery) so no other course needs the GPS. I'm closing the application of the GPS through the exit button. What I did become aware of is that it occurs after taking a image- when not capturing a picture it stops after around a minute. The above suggestion is right, it won't occur if I place it to "no", but that's type of counterintuitive - it's such a straightforward characteristic that worked impeccably on my N82, and I'm having my camera for a dozen times a day, I'd resembling to keep it on "Yes" as well as not remember about it. Do you friends have any problem checking your Nokia N8 for that? It will actually assist me make a decision if I should restore this unit and get a new one.

You will need to apply some pressure additionally since the rubber cap is a modest like a bottle plug. So my suggestion is try to apply similar pressure like a flat finger across the cover somewhat than finger tip. This has solved the problem for me up to now. With regards to the gps icon, I believe that it is owing to the Nokia N8 not being capable to get a location fix. You can either switch off position information or otherwise try to begin the Ovi Maps, let it get a location fix, take a photograph as well as observe that if it recurs.