Thread: Unable to sync Nokia N8 with Windows Live Calendar

Unable to sync Nokia N8 with Windows Live Calendar

From the past several months I have been operating from Nokia E60 by using Windows Vista and Win Calendar along with the Nokia PC suit utility. Recently I have purchased a brand new laptop as well as Nokia N8 moreover become aware of that the Window Calendar is not a fraction of Windows 7 operating system, however division of Windows Live. Now the issue is Noka Ovi Suite will not synchronize by way of Windows Live Calendar as a result of default. My question is I need a way to sync the Windows Live Calendar by means of my Nokia N8. Can I able to do it? Can I update the OVI suite to so that it can allow me to sync by means of Windows Live Calandar?

Re: Unable to sync Nokia N8 with Windows Live Calendar

As far as I know there is only one possible resolution is to apply or make use of Microsoft Outlook. It is possible to connect and synchronize Windows Live Calendar by way of Outlook by making use of Outlook Connector. After this the Nokia OVI will allow you to then sync the Outlook Calendar through your Nokia N8. This is supposed to hand round your intention. The Outlook Hotmail Connector makes available a complimentary resolution intended for supervision your Windows Live Hotmail e-mail, schedule, as well as acquaintances from surrounded by Outlook 2003, plus 2010 without any cost. You can download this connector from the Microsoft Website.

There is an innovative edition of Nokia OVi suit is obtainable intended for download other than I imagine it is a Beta translation. Whatever the version may be you should try this in any manner for your issue. Nokia Beta Labs has released up an unrestricted testing in favor of Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1, which has been veteran confidentially on behalf of a small number of weeks at this time. This new 2.1 version is in fact fairly a jump in advance. This new-fangled account of Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1 furthermore uses extensively less possessions on your PC, particularly when evaluated towards Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 as well as previous alternatives.

I have free solution for your issue. You need to generate a fresh email account of the "Mail For Exchange" type taking place the Nokia N8. I heard that this sort of account will enable you to synchronize Windows Live as well as e-mail, associates, schedule and assignment. The Nokia N8 hold up the Mail for Exchange program, which is well-matched by means of Microsoft Exchange Server Active Sync along with Direct Push, facilitating the Nokia N8 to accept push email and sync contact lists, calendars, plus tasks through Exchange servers.

The easiest method on the way to sync through Ovi is to make a widget intended for your Nokia N8′s home page. You’ll necessitate putting in the single called Ovi Sync. After that, whenever you like you can bring up to date your diary, merely snap the Ovi Sync widget, plus then push Synchronize. If you don’t wish for to make use of widgets, you can moreover update by the use of the menu. Click menu> Settings> Connectivity > Data Transfer> Ovi Sync. On one occasion you’ve pushed Synchronize, the calendar within Ovi Suite as well as the one on top of your Nokia N8 must be the equal.

I think that if it is not possible for you to sync the N8 calendar with Windows Live calendar, you need to update the firmware. It might be possible that this feature has not been included in your N8 firmware. So you need to first sync your calendar to MS outlook then sync to Windows Live calendar. Now a day’s most of people go for Google calendar and it is so popular at all. Due to this reason this feature may not be included in your phone. But by way of Outlook Hotmail Connector, you are able to vision your calendars from Windows Live Calendar inside Microsoft Office Outlook.