Thread: Lenovo G560: Internal microphone stopped working

Lenovo G560: Internal microphone stopped working

I have got a useful novel Lenovo G560 running with OpenSuSe 11.3 64 bit. Later than a usual out of the box installation the laptop speakers unsuccessful to mute while I plugged in headphones and I was just able to control the sound for both the speakers and the headphones concurrently. After that I setup an entire lot of ALSA things and my sound devices were documented as Pulse Audio server ". Speakers muted while I plugged in headphones.

Re: Lenovo G560: Internal microphone stopped working

Seem in the mixer or vol control widget and observe if the microphone is muted as well be certain that the capture control is checked and the volume is up. As well may check in Yast and be certain things are properly set for the sound card. I am guessing you have KDE previously setup so go to Personal settings Multi Media and verify things there. If you do not observe the capture control you can insert it from the setting menu in the KMix window.

In my mixer that is KMix, even though it says "HDA Intel" in the window title bar, the microphone is twisted up to about 80 percent with 20db mic boost. Capture's twisted on. In Personal Settings: Multimedia I have got the weird condition that I express that all my audio devices are documented as Pulse Audio server. That means as well the audio capture device. Appears strange, because my microphone should possibly be recognized as something else, correct?

I have got similar trouble with my Lenovo G560. I am functioning Ubuntu 10.10 and the inner microphone is not functioning any longer. It is essential to notice that at the start it was functioning as usual. Annoying to resolve the trouble with headphones that did not exclude the outside speakers while plugged in, something changed and I have misplaced the inner mic. Did you discover a few ways out in the meantime?