Thread: Nokia N8 keep connected after exiting OVI STORE

Nokia N8 keep connected after exiting OVI STORE

There is some problem with my Nokia N8. Whenever I close the Ovi store app then also it stayed connected as it should not turn off without human intervention. Previously it was turning off the connection routinely. When I verify the connection status then it shows me as it was "inactive" that suggests that there is no data transfer. I have tried many ways That I know but cannot resolve this. I can say that I have given my full afford for this but cannot solve the issue. Now I need your suggestions to solve this.

Re: N8 keep connected after exiting OVI STORE

This will happen only if there is any application running in your mobile that is needed the internet connection. Do you have installed any email app in your phone or any such application that needs a data connection? If that is the case then this is the reason for this. If you are not sure about this then you can long press the menu button and this will show you all the application that are currently running in your system. If you see any such app running then close that app and you will see that this will lose the connection.

A new firmware can solve this issue. Your current firmware may be outdated so you are getting the problems. See for the latest firmware released for your phone and upgrade your phone to that. Corrupted firmware is one of the most possible reasons for the issue like this. So you should try to update it to the latest and once you did this then you will get out of the issue. If you are not very sure about this issue then you can go to any mobile repairing shop and they will do that for you.

The ovi store may be not closed properly and so it is showing you connected. Press the menu button for few seconds and that will open the running apps in your phone. If your phone is still running ovi store then close that app from here and you will be able to solve the issue. So you need to close the app properly and you will find it functioning normally.

Re: Nokia N8 keep connected after exiting OVI STORE

The ovi store that is installed in your mobile may be corrupted of some of the files in that may be missing and so you are getting the issues like this. My suggestion to you is to install the ovi store again in your mobile and see that works for you or not. If possible then download the fresh setup and install it from there because it the setup you are using is corrupted then you will get the same thing again.