Thread: Cannot turn off WiFi in Nokia C7

Cannot turn off WiFi in Nokia C7

Today, I bought a new Nokia C7 phone and was doing some setting in that. I turned on the wifi but no w I am not able to turn that off again. Whenever I try to do that then it shows me the message that says, Cannot turn off the WiFi. I tried it many times but all the times it shows me the same thing. Please help to turn it off. I have already tried the entire thing that I know to do that. Thank you very much in advance for replying to this question.

Re: Cannot turn off WiFi in Nokia C7

According to me you have to set the Wifi to manual. If you want to so that then go to menu and select the settings from there. It will show you various options of settings. From those options, select connectivity and in that open wifi. From the list of settings under WiFi, you should set it to manual and save the changes. Once you are done with this then you can turn off and turn on the WiFi anytime you want.

There may be some application running in your phone that is using the WiFi connection that is why you are not able to turn that off. You should close all such application in order to close the Wifi. Press and hold the menu button and you will be able to see all the running applications in your phone. Close all the application and again go back to WiFi menu and try to turn that off. If that is due to running application then this time it will get off without any issue.

As it is the first day of your purchase So I am sure that it is under the warranty and you must have the warranty card for that. You should go back to the dealer from where you bought this phone and tell them about the issue. They will definitely help you out there. Other than this you can go through the manual that must came along with your phone and see for the WiFi settings. You will get better idea about this that how can you do this.

The best way to know the answer for this issue is to contact the Nokia care. Or you can directly go to the nearest Nokia care and ask them about the issue. You should carry the bill and the warranty card for the phone when going there. As it is under warranty then they will not charge you anything for this and will fix that properly. This is better than doing any other thing for this.

I think that you need to do the restore to your system to solve this issue. But it should be only done if nothing helps you. This is also known as the soft reset for phone. To do that, go to the settings and select restore factory settings from there. It will ask you for the code to proceed. Provide the code as 12345. This is default Nokia code and is the same for all the models of the Nokia. So type this and proceed. Once it is done with the process then it will restart your phone. Now try to start and stop the Wifi again. But remember that this will restore all the settings to its default factory value and you will get the phone with fresh settings.