Thread: Nokia C3- GPRS always on

Nokia C3- GPRS always on

i have nokia c3. in recent days i come to know that my cell phones GPRS service gets activated on its own. I also check packet data connectivity setting which is set to "ask every time". i am unable to find a way to turn off the GPRS connection. i really don't know reason behind that if anybody knows correct solution for it , i really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Athreya; 07-01-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Re: Nokia C3- GPRS always on

it is an problem that arises due to faulty settings. there is no problem regarding your mobile phone software as well as there is no issue of virus and all that.
    you just need to make slight change in your mobile phone settings just go to settings, select option called "Email Updates" and turn it to auto to manual.
    this will definitely solve your problem regarding GPRS. don't forget to reboot your cell phone after changing email settings.

even after turning "email updates" from auto to manual, if you notice that gprs connection is still on I suggest you to use Roaming guard. Roaming guard is nothing but an application which monitors the application access to internet and according to setting whatever we done. it unable you to allow or denies access to GPRS. you can download roaming guard from ovi store
    which is a part of nokia's official site. you can also download it from another site but they will charge you according to version.

If manual settings are not working and security software's also not providing desired output than last option remain is to call customer care and told them to them to stop that service from their itself. if customer care also unable to solve your problem then restore all settings on your phone by using restore settings only option available in your mobile phones setting's option. this will restore all your mobile settings along with GPRS settings. don't forget to create an backup of your data on memory card.