Thread: LG Optimus 2X Specification, Release date and Price

LG Optimus 2X Specification, Release date and Price

I am having one query regarding the LG Optimus 2X which is the phone which i saw in CES 2011. I wanted to know when this phone is about to release and what are the features of the phone. What will be price of this phone in Asian market. I need to know everything about this device. So if you are having any knowledge regarding same then do let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: LG Optimus 2X Specification, Release date and Price

LG has just presented one of the motives that we will enjoy during 2011, I am talking about the Optimus LG 2X. This is a smartphone that has the operating system Android 2.2 Froy (but from your presentation will make available an upgrade to 2.3 Android Gingerbread), an excellent 4-inch screen and a very good camera that can record video in Full HD.

But one of the features that most stands out is by being the first phone that comes to market with a dual-core processor. With this feature LG full attract much public as we are talking about an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core with a speed of 1GHz. This will come with a 512 MB RAM and 8GB of storage, but we will have the possibility to expand up to 32GB, thanks to its microSD card slot.

LG Features Optimus X2:
    • Google Optimus Nexus S LG 2X
    • 4-inch WVGA screen
    • NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core 1Ghz
    • Android 2.2 Operating System
    • 8-megapixel front camera with dual LED flash
    • 1.3-megapixel rear camera
    • 1080p HD video recording (MPEG-4/H.264)
    • 8GB internal memory
    • Wi-Fi 802.11n
    • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Bluetoth
    • 3.5mm audio connection
    • USB micro
    • Mini HDMI video output up to 1080p
    • 1500mAh Battery
    • Accelerometer, gyro sensors and RFID.

The launch of LG Optimus 2X is planned for early 2011, where it first goes on sale in Korea, but it is known that months after passing the market in Asia and Europe. Although its price yet to be confirmed.

LG is taking very seriously the smartphone market after a difficult year to have focused too much on affordable terminals on the Windows operating system Phone 7. The proof of this is being witnessed in recent Android phones being brought to market, but are not happy about this and wants to show as a leader and technological reference to the official launch of LG Optimus 2X, the first phone with dual-core processor.

Yesterday, I talked to would have this type of processors to affordable devices , it makes sense came first to Smartphones higher range, such is the case of LG Optimus 2X, which I teach for the first time LG Star. The truth is now the thing looks much better, with official images and specifications frightening end to the most painted, and leave the terminal Android event of the year, Nexus S , in another league. LG is well ahead of the own Samsung and Motorola phones in the presentation of dual-core processors.

The LG Optimus 2X circuitry chosen is the Nvidia Tegra 2, which runs at 1GHz, called to be the gold standard in Android 3.0 tablets, and phones that we sound like science fiction, but nothing is further from reality, since the phone will be made on sale next month in Korea, to appear months later (undefined) in Europe and other major Asian markets. Following the specifications, we find a 4-inch screen with WVGA resolution, and it seems that major manufacturers are planted in these measures to make their phones more important. We are not aware of the technology used, but to top it off would be nice to IPS. In regard to memory, we have 512MB of RAM, and 8GB of storage, expandable to 32GB via MicroSD card has to offer. In this sense quite common figures in the main Smartphones.

A battery is 1,500 mAh, and before that you put the fuss, we should be aware that the power of Nvidia's new processors also come hand in hand with significant improvements in power management, we'll see in the first test. In cameras also goes well served, at least on paper, 8megapĂ*xeles for primary and 1.3-megapixel front camera, letting us see that video calls will be an important element in the medium term. Interesting also to know that the main camera will be able to record in 1080p format, and therefore also to play, we have just enough power for it, and the way we can use the HDMI output available to the Optimus LG 2X.

Terminal getting out a little of themselves, I want to mention that even Samsung is rumored to want to use the Nvidia Tegra SoC 2 for the next Galaxy Tab is information which is becoming harder, but it seems strange considering that Samsung has a portfolio of Orion, its own dual-core processors.As we saw in the prototype LG Star, the phone is using Android 2.2 for their marketing, but the presentation itself was mentioned upgrading to Gingerbread, so I do not think it's a concern, having in mind that start to be concerned about manufacturers' versions of Android. We know that Google will release the code just Gingerbread Nexus S put on the market, when the manufacturers will put hand to customize what they see fit.