Thread: How to Copy and paste in contacts in Nokia N8

How to Copy and paste in contacts in Nokia N8

I am using Nokia N8 from the past several days. The one thing I really unable to find in it was the copy and paste. How can we copy and paste in contacts of N8? First of all I merged all the contacts. After the completion of merge process, the number placed in telephone field not in Fax. Now what I want is I should copy those all contacts from the telephone and paste it to fax. Is this possible in N8? If possible, then please tell me how to accomplish it.

Re: How to Copy and paste in contacts in Nokia N8

Fundamentally, you could do with to be editing various texts to be capable toward paste. First of all pick the phone contact which you would like to alter. After that, depart to 'Options -> Edit'. At this time choose the contact you wish for to transform (instance, telephone otherwise fax) plus choose the switch that will introduce the 'Paste preference’. I don't be acquainted with the authorized identity of the switch however it has three outlines on top of it. Also make sure that, the 'paste' selection merely approaches up if you have finished a cut/copy foremost.

Once I copied the contact to fax when they rely in the telephone. I copied successfully except the quantity copied departs and be seated on top of a clipboard. Hence when you would like to perform an additional one, it gets the initial number sitting on top of the clipboard as a replacement in favor of the fresh number. But I found a method to accomplish it exclusive of opening the keyboard. Within contact edit mode when you contain the courser inside the field set off to menu and edit choice. It will function just the same as the keyboard editing preference. Simply benefit is you don't enclose to release the keyboard app. Yet again it is frequently ineffective that the keyboard comes up when you choose the contact.

Can you attempt the subsequent methods and distinguish if it workings? Inside the similar EDIT display (whichever digit), copy fraction of the number...then stare for the paste choice whereas inside the identical EDIT screen. Undertake the copy/paste preference inside an application further than Contacts. If these 2 methods didn’t seems to be working then there is only option left now. Reinstalling the firmware may be an alternative to make an effort.You almost certainly at rest necessitate just reinstalling the firmware. I don't observe whichever opportunity inside the Application Manager on the way to reinstall Contacts.

As far as I know there is only one option to do it. Like Cut and paste. I only find this option. Other than this there is no option for copy paste. By far there are nearly 2 ways to copy and paste it. One is Genuine editing screen where you insert a number and the other is Go to options > editing options > paste. Symbian is not that counter spontaneous, actually. In addition to, on one occasion you begin using it, you understand it's prospective. So try all the method you all there by making a backup copy of contacts elsewhere like syncing with phone.

I think that for the most part of the phone numbers inside contact list approaches from synch with other sources like mine in Gmail account. However when you enter the phone numbers inside contacts by the way of “human understandable" appearance, i.e., by way of spaces (e.g. +33 1 23 44 55 66). The N8 recognizes the spaces, nevertheless does not allow you penetrate several inside "phone number" fields. Consequently, when you duplicate as "space separated" contact number, no paste preference inside one more "phone number" area. But there is no difficulty to paste inside whichever additional field for instance name or address.