Thread: How to format nokia 5230

How to format nokia 5230

I have got a nokia 5230 and I am using it for a long time. I am thinking of giving it to somebody else. So that's why i have decided to format my cell phone. Well I want to make my mobile totally empty, it should appear the same way as that when I had brought in new. I have tried the factory settings but it cannot delete the phone memory. So I thought you people must be having a good knowledge about this particular topic. Anyone of you having any idea then do let me know.

Re: How to format nokia 5230

I think so you must try with the hard reset operations. In the hard reset operation all your data will be completely erased including the phone memory. So in case you want to totally format the phone then hard reset is the only option. The question is how to hard reset the mobile phone. Well what you have to do is type the following code in your nokia phone *#7370#. After entering this detail ensure that you press the green button. This will give you a message saying that Restore all original phone settings, on giving the command it will delete all the data, including your contacts and also the messages. Hope you have got the required solution.

Well I have read this in several websites. People are claiming that by the pres of red+green+camera+power button will do a complete format of the mobile. Is this true then do let me know. It seems that this could be the easy option. Well I am ready to try with the *#7370# option but it would be better if you could have given me any confirmation regarding the method that is suggested above. Do reply I am waiting for your response.

Well I don’t have a very sound knowledge about that method. Even I have heard across several websites about this method and itwill format the mobile. Let me tell you that this method is not for all the nokia phones. Some phones may vary with the formatting function. So it is always better to have a check with the formatting functions. I think so the method that you had specified was for the nokia N series phones. I am not so sure about it but you can confirm it from the internet. So hope you have got the necessary suggestion.

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Well I tried with the press of red+green+camera+power button but it did not gave me any desired result. So I went with the *#7370# method as suggested by you. It definitely worked for me. It has removed all the phone memory as well as the external memory. Now my phone is looking brand new. I am very happy about it. So thanks a lot for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.