Thread: How to deactivate GPRS on Nokia C3-01

How to deactivate GPRS on Nokia C3-01

I am using nokia c3 from quite some time. I have used this GPRS connection and now I think that I must deactivate it. Since my service providers charge me with a good hefty amount. So I think its time to deactivate the gprs. I looked in the various settings of the mobile phone but I did not get anything. So that’s why I need to know is there any specific method with which I can deactivate my gprs service. I have read several manuals of my phone but I am not getting the precise knowledge. So that’s why I am asking you all. Do let me know if you are having some knowledge.

Re: How to deactivate GPRS on Nokia C3-01

Well the solution is very simple. Do follow these simple steps and you will be done
    1) Go to the menu and then settings.
    2) Then go to the connectivity option and from there go to the packet data.
    3) You will get the packet data connection option.
    4) Set it to ‘when needed’
    So do follow these steps and you will be done.

I have knowledge about this particular information. I have tried with this particular solution and after doing it I still get a E icon on my screen. On asking about this with my friends they said that the icon indicates that the gprs connection is still on. So I think that my gprs connection is still on and I am not able to fix my problem. So if you all have any other solution apart from the one specified above then do let me know.

Well it seems that you may be having some applications which constantly use your web service or any email startup applications that requires the internet. So if you are having such applications then do disable the service of the particular applications and I think you will be able to solve the issue. Also check the E icon that you are talking about has two slashes under it. If it is there then it means that you are connected and if they are not there then you are not. Well the E icon actually means EDGE technology which is faster than the normal GPRS.

Hey thanks a lot for the help that you have given. What I did was deleted the access point of the mobile and so that’s why I am not getting any of the symbol anymore. Also thanks for clearing out my knowledge about the edge technology I did really not know about that. Actually I wanted my mobile to use wlan whenever I want to access the internet. I did not want the constant access of the gprs in my phone.

hi, i want to deactivate GPRS in my mobile NokiaC6-01. there is no access point and the option is set as 'when needed' only.but still it is showing the E symbol with two lines under it..can u help in it.

Quote Originally Posted by deepthi64172 View Post
    hi, i want to deactivate GPRS in my mobile NokiaC6-01. there is no access point and the option is set as 'when needed' only.but still it is showing the E symbol with two lines under it..can u help in it.
    Well, if you want to deactivate GPRS services in your mobile phone then you will simply have to call your mobile service provider or operate to cancel the gprs subscription. Only then when they will approve it, your gprs in the mobile phone will be deactivated. You can also type a sms code to deactivate gprs, but you will have to ask the code from your service provider.

i called and they told to take out and insert the sim again...i did that..still Symbol E with two lines under it are being shown...

Quote Originally Posted by deepthi64172 View Post
    i called and they told to take out and insert the sim again...i did that..still Symbol E with two lines under it are being shown...
    Did you set up any email account or an app that requires a data connection. The same problem happened to me when I activated an email account. When I unchecked the "alert me when new mail arrives" box; it deactivated GPRS. Normally, the "E" symbol is to indicate that you are in the EDGE covarege area which is faster then GPRS.