Thread: Nokia N8 does not show call duration in the log

Nokia N8 does not show call duration in the log

I am new to Nokia N8. I am not yet familiar with all the settings and functions in it. The reason is because this is the first time I am using this kind of samrtphones even from Nokia. My father bought me this mobile a week ago. Right now I can’t see the call duration of each call in the log. Is there any kind of configuration should I need to do to get this log? How to set this duration log for each call and also for other? I didn’t find any settings yet for this. How can I Enable this?

Re: Nokia N8 does not show call duration in the log

As far as I know there are only several options in call duration log in every Nokia phones and they are Dialed, Received, All and Last call. You only get this information for now. There are not options like the log for each single call duration in Nokia devices I think. The company didn’t add this feature because of low system memory on most of their product. If the mobile starts counting each dialed and received call log, the use of memory required to store this information may extends more than 100MB. Due to this limitation this feature has not been included yet.

First of I am not sure that there are any kind of option exist for each single call log in Nokia N8 or any other Nokia Phone. There might be a special kind of applicable for your phone. For this I think you should search on Google for this. I heard that some other brand like Moto droid has one app for this requirement. As far as I know only the Android and ios version apps are available in the market for logging each call detail. I hope that in the near feature we also get this for symbian platform.

I think that there is not inbuilt feature in N8 for call duration log except for random. If you are certainly looking for a app then the OVI store is the best option for Nokia. You should log into your OVI store for this kind of app. I got one good app called Call Log Extender. You can store more than 1 month old log using this application. Along with this there are also additional features like 'Filtered View', Total call duration, and many more. To know about real feature about this you need to install it first, then reveal one by one functions by yourself.

As far as I know that the Nokia N8 shows the each call information in its call register log. But still I have doubt that why you really need the each call duration. The most important log everyone requires was the last call duration. If you can’t find the duration tab in your N8 I think that it is the issue of the firmware. You should upgrade it. Have you checked it inside Application -> Tools -> Logs. This is the place where you will get all log details.