Thread: No mail inbox in Nokia N8 Lotus Notes Traveler after upgrade

No mail inbox in Nokia N8 Lotus Notes Traveler after upgrade

After started using Nokia N8-00 I was capable to install as well as sync mail inbox along with out, contacts plus calendar by the way of my Domino 8.5.1 in the midst of Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5. Recently I have upgrade the phone software hoping that it might solve any bugs if existed. But the sad thing happened was I lost my mail inbox along with all contacts. I don’t know what caused this. I hope that I am not the only one who had this issue. Now what should I need to do get back my mail inbox. I know that I couldn’t get my contacts back. Still help me to fix this.

Re: No mail inbox in Nokia N8 Lotus Notes Traveler after upgrade

I consider you could do with a new-fangled edition of the notes client inside your N8 phone. In my comprehension IBM is presently running in the midst of it. If somebody desires support in the company of LMC they can moreover call IBM service center for this issue. Even after upgrading the software in you mobile you couldn’t get the Inbox means you need to get Nokia care point for the proper upgrade once again. Some time the single try for update may not be successful enough. At this time you should upgrade it once more.

If truth be told I don't truly be aware of what you imply by means of that. Is it accordingly that I wish to contain the similar version of lotus notes server (Domino) since the edition I install on top of my N8 to dig up it effort? I have a corporation mobile phone and our email-client is same i.e. Lotus Notes. The IT section feel it's simply to hang around in anticipation of Nokia comes away in the midst of a version of Lotus Traveler designed for Symbian^3, except do they furthermore advance the Domino server? If consequently it must be sufficient in favor of me to download along with install most up-to-date Traveler version.

Once I had the similar issue after upgrading the software of my Nokia N8. So I have reformatted entire N8 and clean up each and every one phone memory including additional. After that I installed the new version of Traveler 8.5.1.1 (Build: 201001041528). But still the same issue. There is No mail inbox and all contacts have been vanished. So I have again updated the phone hoping that this time I may get that back. It succeeds without any trouble. But still there are some small issues exist which has not yet been resolved. I assume that me might need to wait for another version release for proper condition.

First of all tell me that what version of symbian you have in your Nokia N8. As far as I know that the devices which have Symbian 3 does not support the Lotus Notes Traveler. The anticipated agenda (hesitant) is the central point of year 2011. Which means the new version which is going to release in mid 2011 may supports your N8. Therefore anybody who necessitates Lotus Traveler should keep away from Symbian^3 phones awaiting it is obtainable. However in specifications in favor of Symbian3 phones, Nokia is adding accessibility of Lotus Traveler which we presume when we purchase whichever of these devices.

If the current upgraded version is not causing much problem then I urge you to get the new beta version for your N8. The IBM has recently released the new beta version of Lotus Notes Traveler. I think that it may all what you have missing in older version. If the inbox is still missing in this version you can assume that by seeing its name, it is still a beta version. So you need to wait until the full version will be available for symbian platform.

if you still having problems, you might setup Lotus Notes directly on Nokia Messaging and you get your emails instantly and fully synchronized with your computer...