Thread: Nokia N8 screen shows redish color and low contrast

Nokia N8 screen shows redish color and low contrast

Recently I have bought a brand new Nokia n8. I had the same model mobile before means 2 to 3 months ago. I sold it due some faults in it. After buying the new piece I observed that its screen shows some kind of redist color and I also noticed that the screen color tone is much differ from my old Nokia N8. It seems to me like operating in a 16 bit color. I noticed this color difference when I played Tron movie trailer. The contrast appears to be much low and the black color seems to be little redist. This was not in my old one, everything was perfect in it. Is there any way to fix it? Otherwise is it the default behavior of the new model? Please anybody fix this problem because it doesn’t look good.

re: Nokia N8 screen shows redish color and low contrast

I think that it is the issue about your new version of AMOLED screens. The Nokia yet got this issue from their customer. I think that you should compliant about this issue once. It might cause 2 reasons. Either the hardware or the software also called as firmware on your N8. Most probably the much color variation you will see when you alter some default settings to yours. The adjustments of screens are very delicate. You must change the color, sharpness or contrast otherwise brightness point by point, not all at once. It may take your long time. But you should experiment if you require proper screen display.

Have you set any third party theme for your Nokia N8? As far as I know there are many third party themes are available for Nokia models. Some of them not only alter the background contents like Menu and application icon, they might also change your entire display or mobile OS into a different style. At this time you will notice a lot of color difference than the original one. In order to see the proper color in your mobile, walk into some dark room (not fully darked) and play any video like you mentioned above and see.

Is the color variation only illuminates when you playing Tron trailer? What about other videos? Are you getting same issue in other animated movie videos? I hope not. The Tron is the future generation 3D film designed and developed as in favor of next 3D technology which may uses high end graphics which is more powerful than you currently had one. Is there any difference between the Video that you have captured from phone camera and the downloaded video clips? I think you haven’t differentiated them yet. Usually when there is some problem in downloaded video file, it often plays like sluggish. You should aware about this. Even though the converted video also lacking in quality and color.

My friend also had the similar issue on his AMOLED HTC Desire smartphone which demonstrated definite greys including a pink shade towards them. Later it was assumed to be a firmware problem and in favor of me in my opinion following HTC modernized the Desire software in the direction of Android 2.2 each and every one of the pink had curved to its customary grey. So I hope that the Nokia had already issued this matter and they might be working on it. So you need to wait until they get a patch in their future firmware release.

If it showing much redish color than the normal I think that you have got a faulty AMOLED screen. The hardware issue like between Screen and phone mother board also makes this color difference. The AMOLED is designed for the intention to get perfect picture clarity and color than any other mobile screen. So you should not get this kind of issue in AMOLED. Take your N8 to nearest Nokia care point and tell them to check the screen and board connector. When there is some malfunction in the connector you probably get weird issue in screen. Also make sure that the battery is fully charged while playing such video. Restore phone to its default settings. It may gonna help you.