Thread: E72 cannot read music on memory card

E72 cannot read music on memory card

I have many songs in the memory card of my Nokia E72 phone but my problem is that the music player is not able to read that at all. I can open the files and play then from the file manager. But when it comes to the music player then it does not read that. This was not happening earlier. Please tell me that what the problem with that is. I will appreciate each and every helpful suggestion for this. Thank you!!!

Re: E72 cannot read music on memory card

I think that you have not updated the music library that is why you are not getting the songs in the list. To get the songs in your music player, you have to update the music library. For that, open the music player and press option and from the list select refresh library. This will start updating the library and after update you will be able to see the songs in the list. In place of that you can also restart your phone. After restarting when you open the music player then it will automatically start updating the library. Good Luck!!!

I was also having the same problem earlier and was not able to get the sound back. Somehow I managed to fix this problem without taking advice from anyone. So you can also try this and I wish that this will do the same for you.
    1. First of all shift the folder of your music which is in the memory card to the computer.
    2. choose this directory for sync to the device as music through the Ovi PC application.
    3. Now connect the phone via ovi.
    4. Finally start syncing.

It may be bug in the memory card that you are using. You can try the same memory card in some other phone and if that is giving you the same thing then it is definitely the issue with the memory card. So connect your memory card to the computer with the help of the card reader or any other media and format the card completely. Now copy the music that you want in the card and then insert that back to your phone. After that refresh the music library and you will get all your songs there. Click on any and enjoy the songs.

If you have tried all the other possible solutions for this and not getting the proper answer then the final thing that is left for you is to do the hard reset of the phone. But make sure that you have tried all the thing and this is your last option for this issue.
    You have to enter code: *#7370# and press Yes to verify initialization.

Notice: It is suggested that you keep all significant information on your phone like memo, contacts etc.

If the phone is not turning on in some other cases then you have to press the combination of the key on/off + * + 3.