Thread: Nokia X6 touch screen not working as expected

Nokia X6 touch screen not working as expected

Its been 1 month that I am using a Nokia X6 mobile phone and I am facing this issue from the start itself. Actually this phone has something wrong with its touchscreen. When I am tapping on one icon then touchscreen responds for an Icon exactly next to the one on which I have tapped now. So when if there are three icons on my screen from left to right then clicking on left most icon opens the middle one. This problem does not appears always but it happens randomly. What is wrong with my phone?

Re: Nokia X6 touch screen not working as expected

I have noticed this problem on my touchscreen phone initially. Actually there is nothing wrong with the phone as touchscreen sensor needs some time, In fact our hand needs some time to get settled with the touchscreen sensor. Actually when you hold your phone then it is obvious that it is not going to be in perfect horizontal position, It will be in inclined position most of the time. So when you tap on an Icon then you naturally tap on middle icon but due to the current position of your phone, It derecognizes the tap and results into wrong function. I suggest you to check about the same issue by placing your phone on table or any flat surface.

There could be something wrong with the operating system of your phone because of which it is not functioning as per your expectations. As you have bought this phone just before 1 month, I suggest you to give it a check from the Nokia Care as they will reinstall the whole operating system of your phone after which it must not have any such problem. But make sure that you have took the backup of all the data as reinstalling the OS will remove all the data out of it and will make your phone like new.

First of all you should try simple solution which is to hard reboot your phone which might solve this issue. You need to switch off your phone and then take out the battery for few minutes and out it back at its place. Now start your phone and check that it works properly or not. You should check that if your phone is working wrongly then is it working in regular wrong pattern or sometime it opens the icon placed on right side of the icon that you have tapped and sometime opens the left icon.

Best way to solve this problem is to directly take your phone to the Nokia Care where you should claim to get the new mobile phone replacement as your phone is just one month older. But make sure that you have not installed any third party application on your phone due to which your phone might be working in wrong way.