Thread: Nokia C5 cannot see microSD card

Nokia C5 cannot see microSD card

I have a Nokia C5 phone and as all of you know that it supports upto 16 GB of external memory and I have 4 GB of card. My problem is that, whenever I insert that card in my phone then it is not able to recognize it. I tried many time by removing and inserting that but all the times it gives me the same result. Please tell me that why this is happening to me and the way by which I can solve this issue.

re: Nokia C5 cannot see microSD card

The card which you are using may be corrupted itself and that is the reason that it cannot be detected by your phone. Check for any such condition. The best way to do that is to insert the card in some other phone and see if it is getting detected there. It is not working there also then it will give the clear idea that the problem is with the card and not with the phone. Next, you also know that what you have to do, just buy a new card and use that.

It is possible that the memory card slot that is there in your phone many be having problem. If that cannot provide the proper connection then it will not be recognized properly. All the pins in the cards should have the proper connection in order to make the card work properly. You cannot judge this issue on your own. You should visit any mobile repairing shop and ask them to check for that. If that is the problem then they will replace that with a new one and you will be able to use the card without any problem.

Before moving to any of the solution, you should check the warranty card for the phone. If that is still under warranty then you need not to do anything by yourself. Let this to the dealer from where you bought this and see if they can help you or not. If your issue is solved then it is solved then its fine and if they cannot help you much then you can directly send it back to the Nokia and they will fix this issue for free as it is under warranty period.

If the firmware version that is installed in your mobile is out of date or corrupted then it may cause many issues. So you should first check that which version of the firmware you are using. After that, search for the latest version available for this. If it is available then install that. If any of the files that are needed to operate with the card is missing or corrupted then it will be regenerated and the issue will be solved.