Thread: Need a Mobile Virtual Private Network for Nokia N8

Need a Mobile Virtual Private Network for Nokia N8

I wanted a vpn connection for my newly brought nokia N8. I have looked various such websites for the link unfortunately I could not get one. So can you all help me in setting up a vpn connection in my nokia N8. Also I need to know whether which of the version of the vpn will be perfect for the S60 5th edition. If you are having any knowledge about it then please do reply early. As I am in a need of a vpn connection for my Nokia N8.

Re: Need a Mobile Virtual Private Network for Nokia N8

Well definitely I can advise you on this topic. What you have to do is that first you have to go and get the client application downloaded Into your mobile. Now you are using nokia N8. So it would be better if you stick to the Symbian^3 client 4.3. Then you have to VPN policy configured in your device. For that you need to get the nokia configuration tool and from that you can transfer the policy to the phone. So these are the necessary settings to be done to get a vpn connection in your nokia N8.

Hey thanks for the necessary solution. I went in the specific nokia website and I found the particular vpn client software in my nokia n8 but the problem is that after installation I don’t seem to get any such application In my nokia N8. You need to tell me where to find it and how can I configure it In my nokia. Well you have given an explanation but it would be better if you could have explained me in a bit detail.

See what happens is that when you download the vpn client application and also if the vpn policy is configured then a separate IAP gets created. So when this gets created you can see it under the connectivity menu by going to the settings and from there, intranet destination. Well you can recognize the IAPs from the destination. In order to get the vpn policy you need to first download the nokia configuration tool. This tool will be easily available in any of the nokia sites. So as you have downloaded the vpn client also download the configuration tool and you will be able to get the IAP.

Ok I have understood with the concept. I am looking for that tool In the internet and accordingly I will download it. So according to you I will be able to get the vpn connection. ?Just after getting the configuration tool. Anyways I am going to try with this method and lets see how it works. If I am successful then I will let you know. Thanks for the necessary suggestions that you have given.