Thread: How to use application manager in nokia e72

How to use application manager in nokia e72

I have recently upgraded from my nokia e71 to nokia E72. Well let me tell you I have upgraded the memory to 16GB In the phone and I have just finished with the installation of the cards. It is much faster than the earlier nokia E71. I have also installed the nokia maps for a better navigation facility. Still it has lots of memory for the installation of the applications In the nokia. After installation of some applications I started facing some strange problems. It shows that the application is being installed but there is no start icon displayed there. So I am not able to run the particular application So what can be the problem here. Anyone having faced this similar type of problem or have solutions for this particular problem then please do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: How to use application manager in nokia e72

Well looking at your problem it definitely seems as if you have downloaded the application and stored In the card memory. If you have stored all the application's In the card memory then do remove it and store it in the phone memory. Any application stored In the card memory seems to give some registry problems. So it is always advisable to keep In the phone memory then In the card memory. So do check with your phone and do the necessary changes and reply whether this suggestion worked or not.

Well I tried with this particular solution of yours but sad to say that it has definitely not worked for me. Well you were right that I had stored the application manager In the memory card and not In the phone memory. As per your suggestion I removed it and moved to the phone memory. Still the application does not show me any icon to run the application. I have noticed that after changing the memory location. Some of the icons of the particular application are gone missing. So can you suggest me some other methods to get me out of this particular problem.

Well it seems that you may have to reset the phone. I think that the particular icons may have stayed back and some error has caused while moving to the new location. So that’s why it is giving you such error. So the last solution would be to reset the phone and begin with the fresh installation. That can be the only solution left. Do let me know if you have tried with some other solution or not.

Well frankly speaking I cannot reset my phone. With the new upgradation the phone is really working well and I don’t want to hamper the performance by performing any reset operation. Anyways I had tried removing the applications and installing it again. Let me tell you that has definitely worked for me. Well what has happened that at the starting when I had installed the applications to the new memory card it seemed to have lost all the applications location. So that’s why it was not showing me to open the application. Once I moved to the phone memory further the icons got lost. So I thought of reinstalling all the applications and it has worked for me. Anyways I need to thank you all for giving me the necessary suggestions.