Thread: Kno Textbook Vs Apple iPad

Kno Textbook Vs Apple iPad

While i was surfing on Internet i come to know about the Kno textbook tablet and liked the feature of the same. But wanted to know whether this is better then the iPad. If it is compared to the iPad then who will win the same. Which one should i go with Kno or iPad. If you are having any suggestion then do let me know about the same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Kno Textbook Vs Apple iPad

IPad is between a prototype and abandoned by Microsoft named Courier. This is a 'book' of two giant touch screen to navigate the Internet, read books and its main objective: to serve as a textbook for students. Technically offers a 16 GB memory (like the cheapest model of IPAD), a Tegra processor 2 and a Linux-based operating system. The screens are 14 inches and have a resolution of 1440x900. Not discriminate between the different content platforms. Accepts Flash, HTML5, PDF and EPUB. Disadvantages: weighs five times more than a iPad and its price. Just promise that will be below $ 1,000.

Not the case made here in-depth description of iPAD (yesterday I saw a website which provided links to the best 60 "review" of this product) but perhaps to emphasize that the screen size (with the resolution of it) can sometimes really make a difference and make applications without excessive appealing on small screens suddenly become irresistible to users. This is something that can be understood not only to remember the experience of watching a movie in High Definition (Blu-ray) in a high-definition TV (full HD), for example, 42 "or 47" and compare with the viewing the same movie on a conventional TV screen much smaller (25 "for example). It really is" something else ".

In this sense, the iPad screen seems large enough for ("soon?) Perhaps we can see clearly applications other than those to which we are used on the iPhone and similar phones. In fact, this seems an interesting topic: How should be the applications for the tablet as iPAD?. "Similar to the phones like the iPhone?. "Similar to the laptops?. "Different from the previous two in a separate category?. Speaking of applications we mean probably more to type user interfaces are best suited to each type of terminal.

On the other hand, terminals (computers should say) as the iPAD are also very attractive as a base for all kinds of vertical markets, and in this sense, education seems clearly one of them. It all come to mind in relation to the emerging (not yet in full commercial version, which seems to be expected later this year) of a new type of terminal , similar yet very different iPAD. The company that has developed is called Kno (Knowledge Now) , and is a new company whose aim is to improve education and learning through the application of new technologies.

More specifically, Kno has focused on what he calls the textbook of the future, a digital device named to replace (and improve) the classic textbook on paper. In these pictures we can see the digital textbook that Kno has developed and recently presented at the conference All Things Digital .

By the turn of my video sites, I came across it that has the Kno Tablet in images with good zic. For brevity, this gear that I had not heard previously released in February 2011 from $ 599. it has one or two screens of 14 ", is tactile and looks promising with a screen resolution of 1440x900 max. Of course we need to find uses of this tablet that takes more space than a simple iPad while reading lights tend to be too small. On the video they show of surfing and the layout of the document. Still wonder what the camera will be really in the belly. The year 2011 promises to be exciting for fans of tablets and the battle will be fierce (prepare your sites and ebooks, will have corn to do with selling memberships on comparative product.

Kno society account out of here little shelf dual screen. It should weigh 2.8 pounds or 3 times the weight of the iPad, and propose two slabs 14 "powered by Linux and a graphics chip Tegra. As can be seen, the difference of the new terminal, compared with iPAD is incorporating two large screens (14 inches each, when the iPAD has only one and just under 10 inches), tactile and "multitouch ". Both displays also support handwriting using electronic pens for tablet mode traditional. It is unclear if also incorporate a virtual keyboard on the / s screen / s, although it would seem logical that it would.

Also include an automatic backup service in the "cloud" that ensures that all documents stored in the terminal have a backup. "Battery time?. No data are very clear about that but say their goal is to hold a typical full-time student. Gives the impression however that fell somewhat short in relation to the iPAD and 10 hours of autonomy.