Thread: Nokia N8 is not syncing with Bluetooth handsfree car kit

Nokia N8 is not syncing with Bluetooth handsfree car kit

I have been using the Nokia N8 when it first came to market. It is like my personal computer because I handle most of my business or work with this like checking and replaying email, conversation with clients, reminders, notes, and some other application including web browsing. So I need to carry this phone every time whenever I go away. Recently I have bought I Volvo XC60 Bluetooth handsfree car kit expecting that it will help when I am driving. The problem is that this car kit is not syncing with my N8. The other phone can connect properly but unable to from mine one. What could be the issue? I need it in a working condition as soon as possible.

Re: Nokia N8 is not syncing with Bluetooth handsfree car kit

Is there any other phone you are using for that car kit? If this so then I think that Bluetooth handsfree kit cannot be able to take another device. There are only several car kits which provide the sync access to more than one phone. Have checked you car kit by connecting other Nokia N8 phones? I think that the N8 is not applicable or compatible for your device.

If you can’t sync from N8 to handsfree car kit means there might be some kind of disturbances which is lagging. When there are any other Bluetooth active inside your car then it may affect those 2 device link or connectivity. Is it the problem when you driving or in standby position? Make sure that there are no other devices or phones which trying to connect your car kit. It might be possible that when you are in a heavy traffic, others also trying to scan for Bluetooth.

It probably be the issue of Bug in your N8. I think that either you need to restore you phone or Hard reset it if possible for you. It is not about the Car kit. It is the issue about your particular phone. There is something wrong in your Bluetooth connectivity. There are good kits are available for your car which specifically meant for Nokia N8. You should try those other than sticking with the old one. What kind of device you are using as a handsfree? Is it the Normal device or a touch screen based device with a small screen and camera for video chat?

As far as I know that the Bluetooth handsfree car kit is specially made for the Volvo XC60 car. It assumes that the car kit itself came along with car when you purchased it. So as my knowledge concern the N8 is a new phone and it might need only some compatible kit like apple idevices refers. Otherwise the frequency of the Bluetooth is much lower and due to this issue the phone is not detecting it somehow.

Have checked you N8 Bluetooth settings? There is an option called device list in which you have all the name of the device which you have already connected and synced. Clear this list and restart your phone. Now switch on the Bluetooth and try to connect it. If can successfully connect to the car kit from N8 but unable to sync means there is only one reason. The frequency or range of the Bluetooth in your car device is not matching with your Phone.