Thread: OVI store is closing automatically in Nokia N8

OVI store is closing automatically in Nokia N8

I have recently bought a good smartphone from Nokia called N8. As you know that the Nokia distributes its mobile products or applications via OVI store. Recently I went to search for a particular app in that. When I launch the OVI store on N8, it successfully starts with OVI Nokia Screen, but after 15 to 20 seconds it automatically shuts down. I thought that it is the issue of the first launch. So I decided to reboot the N8 and launch the app once again. But still the same and I even unable to re-install the OVI store app. Does anybody having this kind of issue? Please suggest me something over this.

Re: OVI store is closing automatically in Nokia N8

Here is one solution which is suggested by my friend. I didn’t try it personally but I hope that it may going to work for you. First of all you need to uninstall the ovi store by going to menu>setting>application manger>installed apps. After the completion of uninstall download Qt package Qt_4_7_for_Symbian_3_Developer_Version_v1_0_en from the Nokia site. If you cannot find this file in Nokia, search it on Google. There may be 2 zip files (qt 4.7 and qt 4.6), In qt 4.6 for symbian select qt sis and qt webkit sis and install both. Restart N8 and go to menu>web>ovi. When you open, it may ask for download ovi store, so continue with the link. The Ovi store will be going to re-install on your N8.

I think that if you are unable to uninstall the OVI store then I think it is not in your authorization. It might be the system program that must be necessary for N8. If you have any warranty period for your N8 then I urge you to walk into the nearest Nokia authorized service center and tell them to update your phone for latest firmware as well as application. It may solve your problem. This kind of issue will happen in some smartphones when their apps are out of date or older.

It seems to me that the issue of the N8 OS. You need to contact the Nokia service center or retailer for this issue. Have tried to restore the factory default settings? Clear all the cache cookies as well as any third party apps which you haven’t downloaded from the OVI store. I think that some of those things may be interrupting your N8 preloaded app. Is it the issue of OVI store only or any other apps? First of make sure that you have the OVI store installer is existed in your N8 application manager>installed apps. If it is not present there then you may not be able to re-install it.

If you cannot uninstall the Ovi store means, there might be some kind of system or firmware issue in your N8. The Hard reset will the last solution if you have already tried all possible issues. Make sure that the Hard Reset of your N8 is up to you and at your own Risk. This process may delete all the details and information from your phone and brings to the position when you first bought it.

First of all I need to know that, have you installed any third party antivirus program or application for your N8. This might be the one reason that the OVI store closes after several seconds. I think that the security program doesn’t allow the app to connect to the OVI server and due to unavailability of the connection the store is closing automatically. Make sure that the Data connectivity is active and always in working condition. If the Ovi store fails to link with the internet or mobile office connection then it probably going to close by itself.