Thread: Unable to get proper SMS time in Nokia X3

Unable to get proper SMS time in Nokia X3

I am not getting the proper SMS time on my Nokia X3. The thing here is that I am not able to get the time on which the SMS is sent or receive. Actually when I receive any SMS then the time that I get with the SMS is quite different from which the message is actually sent. I don’t know why this is happening to me and also don’t know how I can solve the same. Please let help me in this case and also let me know how can solve the same.

Re: Unable to get proper SMS time in Nokia X3

I have gone through the problem and it seems to me that this issue that you are getting is due to the time of the phone. Actually if the time of your mobile phone is not proper then you will not get any of the further messages on current time in fact it will give you the time which is saved in the mobile phone. Now what you have to do in this case is that just check whether the mobile phone that you are having showing you the proper time or not and if not then you have to set it to the current one. I am sure doing this you will solve the issue permanently.

Well according to me the only thing that will help you here is that to restore the factory settings. Actually it happens and such errors are tends to come if there is any wrong setting on the phone. Now if you want to solve it then you have to do the Factory settings and it is the only one that will change all the settings and will give you the fresh one to operate. But before doing this you have to take care that you have took backup of the contacts and some important data. And to do the same you have to type *#7780# and then it will ask you the security code so you have to enter 12345 if it is not changed by you.

Thanks a lot for the cooperation and also for giving the solution but the thing is that I am still unable to solve the problem, I have tried changing the time of the phone and when any SMS is received to me then it is showing me different time. Also I have tried to restore factory but that also didn’t help me to solve the issue. Actually I don’t want to visit the customer service center because they will take my phone and keep it with themselves to repair it and don’t want that so please suggest me a simple way that will not harm my phone and also solve the issue.

I had a similar problem in my nokia x3 mobile too. I forgot to notice that the timezone setting is wrong in the mobile phone. It is actually GMT + 5.5 hours in India. When I set this right, I got correct timings in all my SMSes.

Settings ->Date and time --> Date & Time Settings--->Time Zone.