Thread: Nokia E5 cannot read memory card

Nokia E5 cannot read memory card

From last two months I am using the Nokia E5. It was working well till yesterday but suddenly it stops detecting the memory card in kit. I have 4 GB memory card and when I try to access that then it cannot show me the memory card. I restarted the phone many times but all the times it gives the same result. Can you tell me that what is the problem with that and how can it be solved? Please help me. Thank you!!!

Re: Nokia E5 cannot read memory card

There may be problem with the memory card that you are using. You can try to use the same memory card and if that is also not getting detected over there also then it will confirm that the issue with the memory card and obviously the next step will be buying a new memory card. But before that, if it is possible then insert a working memory card in your phone and see if that is working or not. If that is not working then the problem is with your handset and you need to go to the solution accordingly.

If the card reader in your phone is dead then also it will not read the card and as a result it cannot be detected. Have you done the soft reset of the phone? If you need to soft reset your Nokia E5 then you have to press *#7780# as well as press Dial button. The security code is 12345. After completion of this your phone will return to the factory settings. Don’t worry; you will not lose any of your personal data. well it is recommended to create a backup earlier than performing any of the solution for this problem.

If the soft reset does not help you then you can try to do the hard reset on your phone and this will let all the settings to its default factory settings. To hard reset your Nokia E5 you only have to press *#7370# and then press Dial button. The phone will ask for the security code which is 12345 by default. Please be alert that you will lose the entire the data in your phone therefore so you should take the backup for the entire relevant information. You can also get Total Reset by pressing as well as holding down following keys:
    * + 3 + Green Button right away

Reset can solve the problem but before proceeding to reset, you should make sure the battery is charged fully and the mobile is connected to the charger while resetting. If during the reset process, it stops receiving the power supply then it will ruin the internal flash memory of the mobile device as well as discontinue functioning. This is the most important thing that you need to consider.