Thread: Nokia N8 auto-lock setting gets disable automatically

Nokia N8 auto-lock setting gets disable automatically

Hello friends, I don’t whether someone having the problem with the phone auto lock system, that is it does not automatically lock the phone when we set the phone to lock itself after several minutes and to open it, it then need the lock code to open it. I have observed that when I enable the autolock settings, but then after sometime it gets disables by its own and the autolock doesn't lock any longer. When I go back to the setting of the autolock phone, the autolock time is set to nothing. I am unable to understand what the problem with it is. Help me please.

Re: Nokia N8 auto-lock setting gets disable automatically

I am sure that it is not any kind of the bug or the virus, but rather it’s most probably the security setting enforced ahead you by your Exchangeserver-administrator, by means of the MFE's Security Policies. The moment you synchronize your Exchange-mail, the server will verify that you have the elected settings turned on. Also you have to go to the security settings to re-enable it back again. Also it happens with me that phone deactivates the auto-lock system at the unsystematic time. Try to enable the security settings.

Also on my device the autolock task doesn't perform onto my Nokia N8. I also tried altering the time-span from 1 minute to 2. I hang around for the given interval of time then stroked the screen to locate that the phone wasn't locked. It's rather irritating. I frequently lock it myself anyhow. My Nokia 6220 classic locked itself without any difficulty. Maybe I am missing somewhat but I’m 99% confident that I am performing it correctly.

As per me try to reformat the device software and update it with the latest available software. It is the most common problem found in the Nokia N8 mobile phone. I also one of them. I usually solve it by itself if I restart the mobile phone. Also there are many mobile locking applications available on the Nokia support; I had installed the Melon Advance Device Lock Pro on my device. it is somewhat helpful for me. if you found the solution for it, please inform me till then I make use of this application.

Try to perform the settings and check whether it is helpful for you. Through the menu, have a touch to the settings, in that go at the Phone Mgmt, you will get the security settings, then you will have the phone and SIM lock, it will ask you the lock code then enter the lock code. For those minimum 4 characters is required. Also from the Menu, touch to the settings, in that display, you will have the Screen/keylock time-out, set it to “None”. If you are still facing the issue the you better had a call to the customer care of the Nokia or immediately rush to the Nokia Gallery. They will help you.