Thread: Ringtones for Nokia 2220 Slide

Ringtones for Nokia 2220 Slide

I have recently bought a new Nokia 2220 Slide and I am aware of functionality in nokia phone because of which I am facing simple problem for assigning the specific ringtone to specific contact. Can somebody tell me that how can I have different types of ringtones for different contacts so that I can judge the caller by just hearing my phone's ring. Thanks in advance!

Re: Ringtones for Nokia 2220 Slide

I have used Nokia phone for many years and I know that the thing which you want to do on your 2220 Slide is simplest thing but anybody can get confused as you are not having any such settings in the ringtone settings. I suggest you to go to the music file that you wish to set as contact ringtone. Once you are navigated to the file then go to its options and select Use where you would be getting one option named as Assign to Contact which will assign that music file to the selected contact.

If you want to select the separate ringtone in your 2220 slide phone then please keep in mind that you need to have that contact saved on your phone which will only allow you to set different ringtone. Once you have done this then reboot your machine and then check that the contact with the unique ring is ringing the new ring or the common one that has been selected for all the contacts.

Assigning a separate ringtone to specific contact is a feature provided in high end phone so this feature is not available in all the Nokia phones. I suggest you to check that your phone has such functionality or not. If not then there is no way by which you can do so and if yes then I guess it would be possible got the music file's options as well as you can do this thing from the Contact's options as well.