Thread: Nokia N8 GPS difficulty - May be Hardware concern?

Nokia N8 GPS difficulty - May be Hardware concern?

Hello friends, I had got the Nokia N8 in the last month. It is working alright but in that I have a few minor bugs. The problem I getting is when I tried the Ovi maps and an apparently "normal?" notice popup that "Connection Failed Access Denied" two times. Second subsequent to when I unlocked the application. What is problem with that? And at the moment after a little bit Ovi maps was not reacting to any further extent. Note that I'm making use of Integrated GPS, Assisted GPS, and Network based positioning techniques. It came to me that possibly the "Conn. Failed Access Denied" notice was when the device tried to join to the GPS module and not succeeded. Somebody else has this type of difficulty. Please help

Re: Nokia N8 GPS difficulty - May be Hardware concern?

I think that it is very likely that it’s the hardware problem but most likely only yours. Mine just performs fine. I state to try a small number of things prior to deficient to send it reverse. Uninstall OVI maps and install it new with the help of the Beta Labs and also you try leaving it open for a small number of hours and observe what takes place.

Check out the certain things that first you move on to the Menu from the menu option click to the settings option, in that you will have the application settings, in that positioning, check if there is the positioning server menu anywhere you can confirm that network access position distinct properly and that Positioning server = supl.nokia.com? but on my device the GPS works absolutely fine. I think that there is the trouble with the Hardware. I would like to recommend you to taking it in for a warranty replacement, if it is under the Warranty period. Hope they will assist you better.

I was also got this issue. I Try to disable the A-GPS positioning technique along with Ovi maps appear to work well and the phone does not restart. I then verified my connectivity settings. Together "Data use in home network" as well as "Data use when roaming" is put to WLAN merely. It looks like that it wasn't a hardware difficulty. "Data use in home network" was place to WLAN appears to be what's creating the issue. Though there's a WLAN now at home and Ovi Maps didn't attempt to link to it previous to linking to the server for the A-GPS is resulting the error.

I too facing the issue you are not all alone. I was also getting which killed my brand new Nokia N8. But when I have a look on to this message at the moment I got the solution to fix this unwanted difficulty. The problem is that when I use to open up the camera or some other applications or any programs, it was inquired me inside a report message " you need connect to a network, data user not defined ?" Hope this will help.