Thread: Nokia N8 GPS unable to find my location

Nokia N8 GPS unable to find my location

Hello friends, I have the major difficulty with my N8 Global Positioning System that is the GPS. I now make use of Integrated GPS in spotting techniques and I stopped A-GPS, Network and Wi-Fi alternatives. However Ovi Map 3.04 can't locate my location. When I compare with my other cell phones that is a Nokia N79 and a 5800 in same condition. They can without difficulty locate the location in less than a minute! Although my N8 still searching and discomforting mysely. Please someone help me.

Re: Nokia N8 GPS unable to find my location

Initially download the most recent Ovi map 3.06 beta through the Ovi center web site. It has touch to zoom along with additional useful than 3.04.second is try to insert your service provider's placing server in positioning settings plus prioritize it. At the moment I'm receiving a quicker GPS lock in my Nokia N8 compared to my 5800 music edition. Also verify for the positioning server settings in your Nokia N97 and the other cell phone you use and add them to your N8. It must help you out.

OVI maps are a free of charge service offered by the Nokia Company for the Nokia N8 and too for the smart phones. It is a mapping product which holds voice directed navigation with the 46 diverse languages plus maps for in excess of 180 countries. In the location application locate the entire positioning techniques to on exclusive of Bluetooth Global positioning system. Save those settings and restart the mobile phone. And if also you are facing the issue then better you have the word with the Nokia service provider.

As per me the GPS fix is totally depends on many factors such as the Weather, Surrounding, receiver, antenna and many other factors. Also I can give you the several hints for the mobile phone. Initially you Install Google maps in your phone and verify how quick you obtain the GPS lock. If it is quicker than compared to the Ovi Maps, then I am sure that there is no problem with your GPS. The simply methods for the instant is to get an idea regarding the number of satellites your phone perceive. Secondly perform the Google search for "Fix GPS faster on Nokia Devices" along with you will obtain a tutorial How to perform it, it will job only when gmaps that is the Google maps offers quicker lock. Also I strongly recommend you to set up the Ovi Maps 3.06 beta for the reason that it is far better contrast to the 3.04.

I think that there might be the trouble within the OVI map. The several kind of technique in map utilizes numerous techniques to track the location. The GPS indicator in the application looses all time. For the reason that of this problem may be stops all time you start. It is still unanswered. Rearrange the settings to default in the Ovi map. I think the Operating System on your mobile phone is mechanically setting the programs. Try an effort in the older version of map application, might it will be going to job properly.