Thread: Nokia Ovi 3 not able to sync contacts

Nokia Ovi 3 not able to sync contacts

I have bought a new Nokia 6210s few months back and I used to sync this phone with my computer system. I had a Nokia Ovi 2.x installed on my computer machine. And operating system is Windows 7 64 bit where I had never faced any problem while synchronizing my phone with the PC. But since I have updated the version of my OVI to 3, It has started crashing at anytime. I don't know what to do now. I guess it is not possible to get version 2 back now. Actually I want to sync my contacts with this phone and its really needed. Please help me!

Re: Nokia Ovi 3 not able to sync contacts

I didn't got your problem exactly, Are you able to sync with the Nokia Ovi and not with the contacts or you are not just able to sync it with your mobile phone? Actually if only contacts are not working then you should check reinstalling the Nokia Ovi on your machine again which might solve this problem. I think something have got wrong while updating the version of the Nokia Ovi suite on your windows 7. Nothing to worry about as it should get resolved by just reinstalling the program.

Ovi, you can easily synchronize contacts, calendar and notes between your phone and your online account Ovi. You lose data? Do not worry, you can restore them. Next time you sync, your information will again be installed on your mobile and / or your Ovi account. Consider the following before you start your synchronization operation. If you already use a synchronization application (such as Intellisync, for example), we recommend that you do not synchronize your device with Ovi. If you do, you risk losing data. Synchronize data transfer means. You can do this via a wireless network, a 3G, GPRS, etc.. Ask your service provider for fee or data plan is applicable for you.

Here I have provided the steps by following which you can sync up the contacts of your phone with the Nokia Ovi 3.
    1. Select "Register" on top of the page.
    2. Enter your user name, password, e-mail and the security code. Remember you are in agreement with the terms and conditions. Click "Continue."
    3. Your registration is completed. Click on "Sign in now."
    4. You received an email from Nokia Account. In this email, you find a confirmation link. Copy and paste the link in a new window in your browser.
    5. Your e-mail is now checked. Click "Close".
    6. Ovi your account is now operational.

Before you can perform syncs with Ovi, you must add your device to your online account. Ride the homepage ovi.com. You'll find the "Get started with Ovi. Click on "Add a device" to add a device and follow the instructions below.

• Select a product model from the list. Press "Next".
    • Enter your phone number, your country and time zone. Press "Next".
    • Confirm your details. Press "Next".
    • You will immediately receive a message on your device configuration by Nokia.
    • Open the configuration message, enter the PIN you received on the Ovi website.
    • Follow the instructions in the message configuration (remember the message under "Options" to configure all settings).
    • Click "Next." You're ready!

Ovi now you distinguish in your device menu under Tools> Sync> Ovi.com.

Go to the menu of your device and open Tools> Sync> Ovi.com. Select "Synchronize" and select an access point. Wait until the synchronization is performed. Your data is now synchronized between your device and your computer! Next time you log on Ovi website. You will see the activities noted in your calendar and your contacts added recently. Reinstall the lost data on your device. You lost calendar info and contacts? Do not panic. Ovi, you can reinstall the data on your device. You can restore data from your last sync.