Thread: Suggest me USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter for Macbook Air

Suggest me USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter for Macbook Air

Hi all,
    I presently purchased a Macbook Air (2010) and I was speculating if there are any high-quality Gigabit Ethernet adapter is out there for Macs? I assume it does not have to be Air precise perceptibly as it's running the newest OSX. I acquainted with USB 2.0 is not able to max out an Ethernet connection, and that the above your head along with USB -> Ethernet is high. On the other hand, it will mean that I will have regarding double the speed compare to 10/100, and to be truthful, I would rather wait 10 minutes for a transfer than 20.

Re: Suggest me USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter for Macbook Air

I am having accurately the similar question. I have also recently purchased my first Mac (airbook). And I wish to take a DVD along with me on the road, but 4 GB gets quite an extended time to set on my macbook. I would like to move this wired, which is linked on my gigabit router. Is there something obtainable out there which am I able to do in order to get rid from this issue? And please try to do this as soon as it is possible for you. I just want to thank you in advance.

I have not at all heard of a non-Apple USB Ethernet adapter which is working through a Macbook air (or a non-Apple outer DVD drive). On the other hand, my knowledge was only with owning two examples of the preceding generations of Macbook air. Possibly there is a work around or maybe things have distorted since then. Please post if you got something regarding this. I am sure you are able to probably edit the texts and work somewhat out, but I would not faith something which is critical to such a set up.

I would suggest to acquire the Transcend 32gb SDHC for that reason. Yes it stick out of the macbook air which is tremendously irritating, but for the price you obtain that awesome sd card for, it is value it. Also, it is a huge deal smaller than a dvd drive. As far as Ethernet devices go, I ended up purchasing the 10/100 for the reason that apple is too late to release a gigabit one. I did discover one that was well-matched in fact, but it was simply obtainable in other country, and carefully do that.

This thing was not mentioned on the Apple sales web pages, but the USB Ethernet does not make use of the Gigabit Ethernet standard, but to a certain extent 100 MB/s. It is in fact slower than wireless. Wireless obtains about 15 MB/s, while the Ethernet obtains presently under 10 MB/s. It is really a very unsatisfactory. In addition, the System Profiler points to that the hardware should present "Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec" below Hardware | USB. If this is really a 100 MB/s Ethernet adapter, the sales information should be updated for that reason. I would have saved myself this purchase. The lack of high-speed connectivity to this laptop appears to be the most horrible part. Actually it is very also bad because there is no Firewire 800 or eSATA, or Gigabit ethernet port.

Is this a query or a kind of complaint? Not anything from any of us is able to do concerning that, and this is a well-documented and familiar matter. It does not produce the majority of the Macbook air users, who nearly all like to make use of wireless for most of their transactions, and the times you require to make use of Ethernet, you are right, it will run slower. If that does not work for you, there is a return era and you are able to exchange for a Macbook Pro.