Thread: Dell Inspiron One 2305: not able to install sound card

Dell Inspiron One 2305: not able to install sound card

I assembled my Dell Inspiron One 2305 desktop computer with the Gigabyte X58 motherboard; other specifications of this machine are like Intel core i7 processor. I attached a mic with my machine, that is not working properly, whenever I connect this one with the machine, a message is flashed in my screen that there is no device not attached with the machine, I can’t understand why this problem occurs. Is there anyone having any solution or fix this problem? Any input regarding this topic will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Dell Inspiron One 2305: not able to install sound card

I was facing the similar issue my Acer computer where I used to connect a mic for some of the entrainment purpose. That was works fine till the first 1 year, but after that this stopped working. I searched everywhere for the solution, but nothing is works over there for the solution. Then I tried by myself to overcome from this problem. i suggest you few tips to check whether the device is working properly or not. This is most important before go for the driver installation. Check whether the mic is properly connected or not. Got o the properties and make sure that the media device is working as shown over there.

If the problem is with the sound card driver then be sure that the external device is connected while you are going to install the driver, because during the installation process the device will be searched with from the machine, if this does not detected then it might not be installed properly. Start the installation process again and make sure that the device is detected by the machine, and remember that in first time this should be take few time to install the hardware device in your machine. Take this process again, I hope this time the device will surely detect by your machine.

Though the device is not detected by your machine so as per my knowledge about this type of problem, the problem should be for the hardware issue, so according to me, I think by update the driver version or re-install the driver in your machine will might be resolve this issue. For that open the control panel and from there open program and feature, now from the drop down list locate the device driver click on un0install button and follow the process to un-install that one. Along with that remove all other file those are collaborate with the driver application those are installed in your machine, now reload the driver and connect the device, this time it will definitely works.

Similar issue with my HP computer, I installed Realtak sound driver. I regularly attached some of the external sound devices like sound box or headset or sometimes mic with my machine. I am using this machine from 2 years. There is not issue with any sound media device till now. But from few weeks I am facing a problem with the any type of audio external device, no one is detected by my machine, I tried with mic and head set. First it takes few seconds to install the device hardware but after that I direct that the device is not detect by the machine. I tried by reloading the machine and also reloading the sound driver, but nothing works. Is there nay issue with the hardware device in my machine where the sound card is attached? Anyone having any tricks to solve this problem? Any input will be very much thankful for me.