Thread: Is there any malware risk in mac

Is there any malware risk in mac

I was surfing the net while surfing I found an article that now it is possible to get affected by the malware to the macbook too. I am not conscious of some and don't utilize any safety software at the instant, but consideration I would inquire here on the way to assist put my intellect at easiness. I have posted here, since I own an iMAC 27 desktop. I hope anyone of you will be able to help me out of this issue.

Re: Is there any malware risk in mac

I have also gone through the net and found that as for fans of Apple products, the hacker claimed that "the Apple community ignores many of the dangers. They see that the attacks against Mac OS X are few compared to those carried out against this Window and is believed invulnerable. But this is only because the market shares of Apple system is less than that of Microsoft this I think of about the apple product.

On several occasions I have seen on many blogs and also read many interviews where the experts have their opinion on different threats for the Mac platform and also they have the perception that there is no risk or danger for these people, because viruses are made only for Windows platforms because the Mac operating system is more secure than Windows. The reality is that there are viruses that act in environments Mac The difference is the amount of malware that circulates when compared to Windows. Explaining is easy: if you're a cyber-criminal with economically motivated and want to infect as many victims as possible, what would be the ideal target? A platform with 100 million users or another with 1000 billion? The answer is obvious. I hope you will understand what I am trying to explain here in the post.

I am convinced with the above post that with the increase in the base of users who use Mac and when they reach a representative market share, hackers will begin to discover a tasty broth for the distribution of their infections. I dare say even find unsuspecting victims, precisely because of the perception of security that users have with Macs. Therefore, when this occurs, the situation could remind historical epidemics. While noting that the lack of virus does not make them less vulnerable to spam or phishing.

In any case, it is important to note that one thing is there is not much malware specifically designed for Mac, and therefore, the possibility of infection is less probable, and quite another thing is that Mac users are not contributing (consciously or unconsciously) in the distribution of threats. Furthermore, we must be aware that Mac users tend to have also installed another instance of the hard drive, Windows, or distributions that allow sharing of files from one to another operating system on that partition is almost essential to have a antivirus installed.

I always find it silly to say that Macs are immune to malware. Programs that are made for Windows does not run on Macs, so the virus is not running Windows on Macs. If Mac is so little affected by malicious software is that Windows occupies most of the OS market. But if one day ahead Mac Windows, it will be equally vulnerable. Wholesale defend against these malware Mac is the fact that there are very few Mac. I find it even more debilitated based its ad campaign over the Mac OS while the other assets equally interesting.