Thread: Ignore button missing in the iPhone 4

Ignore button missing in the iPhone 4

I need to ask this question with you all. I wanted to know where is the ignore button In the iPhone. The earlier cell phones that I had gave me the option of ignore. So when the call was coming it would directly go to the voice mailbox. However I don’t seem to find such option In the iPhone. Whenever a call comes the caller number is displayed and the slide to answer information is displayed. Anyone having any idea regarding this issue then please do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Ignore button missing in the iPhone 4

Well what you can do is to try something with the volume + or – button. It will either slow down the volume or it will turn it to the silent mode. I assume that you are talking about this situation, when the phone is locked. If the phone is not locked then you will get the option of cancel in the screen. Hitting the cancel button will send a busy tone to the caller. Do try with this solution and do let me know if it works for you.

Well I had some fair idea about this solution. Well what I want is that I don’t want my call to be missed and also at the same time ensure that my phone does not ring so many number of times before going to the voice mailbox. So hope I am clear out with the situation that I am facing now. So give me any other solution, so that I can directly transfer the call to the voice mailbox. Please do let me know as soon as possible.

Well if you directly want to transfer the call to the voice mailbox number. You can do it by hitting the power button that is present on the top of the iPhone. So this will automatically send the call to the voice mailbox. However if you want more such options with which you can transfer the call to the voice mailbox or ignore the call, then you can start reading the manuals of the iPhone and you will get more methods. That you can try while working on the iPhone.

Well an alternate solution other than hitting the power button is to double tap the home button. On double tapping the home button it will send a busy tone to the caller. Another one is directly hitting the ignore option if the phone is not locked. Also you can try with double tapping the sleep button. Note that you have to double tap the sleep button. On single tapping it will go into the silent mode. So it is necessary to double tap the sleep button on the iPhone. Hope you have got the necessary information.

Hey thanks a lot for the information that you have provided. Well I started with hitting the power button and it immediately sent the call to the voice mailbox number. It was very helpful. Later I also got to know that the same operation is possible with the home button as well as the sleep button. Thanks a lot for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue. Thanks a lot for the response.