Thread: How to upgrade iMac G3 Slot Loader 400 MHz 10GB HD

How to upgrade iMac G3 Slot Loader 400 MHz 10GB HD

I lately bought a navy blue iMac G3 400 MHz 10GB which is intended for $25. It's remarkable. It begin up and is as quick as my family’s gateway computer. However I require extra space and I desire more RAM. I was setting up on receiving the 120GB Hard Drive. I don't be familiar with where I be supposed to find it from, but I plan on it. I was understanding about transport files or hard ware or impressive and was speculate what accurately must be completed once the fresh hard drive is plugged up into the PC? That's my chief apprehension. Also will whatever thing have on the way to be done meant for the system on one occasion the RAM is inside? One more object is overheating actually a concern? If consequently I would mend in favor of an 80GB. Please allow me to be familiar by as soon as possible.

Re: How to upgrade iMac G3 Slot Loader 400 MHz 10GB HD

As you are trying to get more RAM then I think it is quite tough to get the RAM but hope that it would be cheap and easy to install on the model you are using. I think you should to keep one thing in the mind that you should to keep the towel down so that that you don’t damage the screen at the time you are putting the system on the face down which is done on the way to unlock the base panel where the RAM is located also be certain that you have to discharge any static if you have.

I think as you need the hard drive for the model you are using might be tough to get as I know it has not been made from a long while. As you need an ATA not the SATA hard drive which should have the capacity of 120GB not larger than that. I think you can get that from the local computer shop nearby to you they will almost certainly have single deceitful around you be able to have intended for $5. I hope this will be helpful to you.

This 400 MHz iMac be able to be improving to 1.0gig of computer ram and on the majority a 128gig 3.5" ultra ATA otherwise IDE hard drive. These older original G3 iMacs be attractive careful small machines other than I would be very cautious when spend extra money inside them. You rewarded $25 intended for it other than when you begin talking hard drive, ram, and perhaps an OS advancement you be able to start expenditure a lot of money that may find you a well again old Mac. Be cautious what ram you obtain not presently some computer will vocation. The other large difficulty by way of the older G3 iMacs is that the CRT display be able to create to leave bad at some time. But further than that take pleasure in it. And for $25 you cannot go incorrect.

Hi, My iMac G3 400Mhz Graphite PPC workings just fine on Ubuntu spruce and by means of Forum members' help I be able to also admission the Web on top of it. One little trouble. Following approx 90 minutes it immediately shuts down in spite of of the information that I am really working on top of it i.e. the control or slumber mode have not instance in. I am speculating if it is on the way to do by means of overheating. I am successively using the ADSL modem as of a powered peripheral USB center on the way to keep away from with the iMac internal power delivery. I have even lifted the iMac approx 4cms as of the desk on 'feet' to get better air flow under it.