Thread: Hp pavilion zv 6000 sound card driver for Windows vista

Hp pavilion zv 6000 sound card driver for Windows vista

I have recently updated the operating system on my HP pavilion Zv6000 from Windows XP to Windows Vista 64 bit. After upgradation of the operating system certain features of the laptop are not working. The sound output on the laptop is horrible. Are there seperate Hp pavilion zv 6000 sound card driver for vista? If yes then where I can download the drivers? Please help

Re: Hp pavilion zv 6000 sound card driver for Windows vista

First of all check the drivers for the sound device which are already installed on the computer. Remove the currently installed drivers for the sound card and reboot the system. Let the system detect the sound card and search and install the appropriate drivers on the computer. Once all the drivers are installed on the computer, check the performance of the sound card.

As you are facing the problems with the laptop after Windows upgrade on the system, it is possible that the operating system on the computer is not upgraded properly. Insert the windows installation disk and boot the system from the installation disk. Let the installer load and then select the Windows repair option. Let the procedure complete. Now check the if the sound is working properly or not.

You are using 64 bit operating system and hence you will have to install a separate set of drivers for the sound card which is supported by Windows Vista 64 bit operating system. You can download the required drivers from the official support website of HP and then install them on th computer. After installing the appropriate drivers, hopefully the problem will be solved.

Thanks for helping out, I downloaded the latest drivers which are available on the support website of HP for 64 bit operating system and installed it. Now the sound is working perfectly on the computer but now the browser installed on the laptop is crashing frequently. How to solve this issue? Please help.

I am glad that the solution worked for you. Now as the browser is crashing frequently, it is possible that the application is corrupt. Therefore I would suggest that you remove the application completely from the computer and remove all the files associated to it. After removing all the files, install the browser again and see if it helps.

I uninstalled the browser and deleted all the keys/files related to it from the computer. After reinstalling the browser again on the computer, it is working without any problems. I guess the browser corrupted due to some application installed on the browser which was solved by reinstallation of the browser.

I also have Hp pavilion zv6000 and my sound card driver is also not working, but I have Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. If i did the same thing would it work?

Yes this device will work with the Windows XP because this device does not support the sound driver for the Windows Vista but compatible with the Windows XP. So you can continue with the Windows XP 64 Edition. You can get the driver download for the same on the Official HP site where you can get the driver to download the same. So if you can then download the same and work with the issue.