Thread: Best eMac model for apple mac G4 server

Best eMac model for apple mac G4 server

I am thinking to purchase a G4 Mac which I want to use for a home server or file server it might be for the web server or HTPC. So, as of what I appreciate the 1.25GHz form of the eMac had Capacitor troubles, so I'm gazing on some online trading website and honestly the 1 GHz models situation delivery is $80 the 1.25 GHz models be $85 and the 1.42 GHz form be 100. Any help out?

Re: Best eMac model for apple mac G4 server

Apple is planning a renewal of the eMac models. With the disappearance of the original iMac-plane is an extension to three different models to fill any gaps. The entry, an 800MHz eMac with ATI Radeon 7500 and CD-Rom drive for well under U.S. $ 999, - to be followed by a 1GHz eMac with Combo Drive and a model with SuperDrive. All three models will be ready and have AirPort Extreme VGS / S-Video and composite connections.

My project to install a small home server for managing multimedia computers now, and perhaps make an HTTP server. As I do not have a big budget (about $ 800), and not need much space, I thought a PowerMac G4 would do. After I looked at the system software RAID, and I thought that would go 0 +1 system. So I looked on the internet for PM G4, used and hard drive. I would like your advice on the question, where to find compatible external enclosures this PM is it a good deal, is it powerful enough to run Tiger, and for some common apps? Is what I should rather take a 900 MHz? Sorry for all these questions, but I do not know much. Thank you in advance.

Hello, just by the way, if you already have a tower pc, why do not you look at the side of an iBook? For a moderate price, you will have a complementary machine to your PC and you can taste the joys of OSX everywhere. Power in the bush with your pc and comfort with the Mac. I hope this will give you some ideas about the thing which is making you confused about trading this product.