Thread: Dell xps 17 vs HP Envy 17

Dell xps 17 vs HP Envy 17

Want to purchase a new 17" laptop i am unable to decide whether i should go for the the Dell XPS 17 or the HP Envy 17. Has somebody used these laptops if yes please tell me whether i should go for the Dell or the HP. Price is not a constraint for me but i would like to get the best laptop deal. If possible if you can provide me the features of the laptop which you are suggesting me. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Re: Dell xps 17 vs HP Envy 17

At first glance, be confused with ENVY i thought it's a MacBook 17th since itsre very similar and they are characterized by rounded edges and the previously mentioned housing slender line. However, upon closer examination, you will notice that Envy is a little raised the back, but the designers of the HP managed to hide the bulge by painting the bottom of the housing in black, which looks unnoticed especially on dark surfaces. The entire except the bottom is possible to make aluminum. Is apparently out of magnesium. On the lid there is a curious pattern (laser fired), which resembles the wavy flowers. This was the only thing that initially the design is not appealed to me. But in the net to find a name for this design, and it turned out the name of the pattern on the lid is called Paisley. I read also that this pattern was used to tie in the 90's.

Well i will go with the dell. The Dell Studio 17 laptop comes with an Intel Core 2 Duo T9300. Given these components, the Dell Studio 17 is cheaper than the competition, as well as receive an excellent and reliable service from Dell. The design of the Dell Studio 17 is interesting. The unit is thicker in the back of the front, making it seem a bit steep. The good thing about Dell is, of course, the variety of color options available for many of their laptops. So you can choose what ever color suits your fancy. The Dell Studio 17 is in fact more elegant and less bulky than its cousins, the Dell XPS M1530 and Dell XPS M1730.

If you need a nice and cheap laptop that has good components and a fabulous widescreen, the Dell Studio 17 is definitely a model to watch. No doubt that is not super-duper latest components, but their general characteristics and the price to compensate. It is also good to know you have a spanking new Blu-ray for Blu-ray. So if you're in the market for a good wide screen, go take a look at the Dell Studio 17 now.

Go for the dell, it is a device for technicians design follows function. The back cover, however the screen are real fireworks pattern design artistry. At this point, the designers of such a reliable notebook they gave vent to his imagination. Lustrous string XPS, which might as well decorate the exterior of golf GTI, reigns in the center of the metallic lid. Cosmic mood build multiple LEDs emitting near the ventilation holes on the front and whose color you can use the provided tools to match your tastes. If we did not sometimes taste in such climates, you can always turn it off.

I will suggest you the dell laptop the feature of this laptop which i like are given below:
    • Built-in speakers offer quality sound appropriate to the size of a computer, and with a small subwoofer get even bass.
    • Devices in the connector can be called sutym. DVI, Firewire and six USB ports - pretty good. Also, their distribution is very successful, as most found in the back.
    • Accompanying user's manual is extremely detailed and presents even the way the exchange of key components.

I recently returned a HP Envy 17 with i7 processor. it was just too uncomfortable to type on, the palm rest when the computer was idling exceeded 95 degrees after ten minutes. The vent was a furnace.

I also endured a ridiculous number of mistakes from HP and their sales, manufacturing, and support people that it just took too many hours and it was just too much work to be a customer.

I have been poised to push the purchase button on a Dell XPS 17 with an i5 processor and a video card with Optimus to reduce the excessive heat challenges. I have a little concern about the lower level of resolution on the XPS screen.

On Wednesday in Vegas at CES, Intel is launching their new Sandy Bridge processors and the Dell 'leaks' site says a revised XPS line up will follow by the end of the month.

You might wait and see if it either lowers the price on the i5's or offers a compelling new configuration.

KSM