Thread: HP Pavilion dv1000 won't turn on

HP Pavilion dv1000 won't turn on

Have a huge problem. Got my laptop shut down normally on Win XP An hour later I wanted to turn on again. Just as is happening now suddenly nothing. I am getting only a black screen and nothing else battery status is normal it is also turned on. What should I do. Other than this, everything seems to be ok .. For example, if I CD into the drive, reads the drives since my drive light starts blinking. Please please help me further i am stuck at the black screen.

Re: HP Pavilion dv1000 won't turn on

As far as i know i think that this is due to the RAM and hence you need to install the RAM once again on your laptop. Since it appears as the RAM which is installed by default needs to be reinserted. Meanwhile check whether your system is installed with More than one RAM stick if it is then try to remove one of the memory stick and restart the laptop it should restart. At times when the frequency of your memory sticks are these problem occurs.

I have a serious problem with my Compaq Presario C500. when I press the Reset Button, LED lights, It takes 5 seconds and then it flashes again later on it Goes out since last Tuesday, the first day when I plug the computer on AC power the battery. What should i do now because I am still under warranty until June. Thank you for your help, I really need it. Hopefully this problem should be fixed.

I already tried removing the ram, remove the battery and put in another. I still may be the ability to remove the battery from the motherboard but I'm not sure it solves my problem. If anyone has relevant advice, it would be cool, I'm in the british and I can not afford to buy myself a PC, I consider also that a year is not a normal life for a laptop. Thank you kindly you look at my problem.

Exclamation Re: HP Pavilion dv1000 won't turn on

I have the same problem. During the 3 years that I have been using it, I had to take it once to HP center for repair due to excess heat: the fan won't work at all. That was fixed; and hardly 3 months now and I have this new problem. It does not turn on. I approached these HP guys and they said the motherboard is out-of-life. Getting a new one will cost somewhere around $200. Even I am in doubt if it is worth the investment. Better than that, I think I will go for a new laptop AND definitely not an HP this time.