Thread: Dell latitude d600 says No boot device available

Dell latitude d600 says No boot device available

Hello there I have a problem with my laptop (dell latitude d600) as soon as I turn it on it loads and then put myself i see a black screen saying No boot device available - No bootable devices - strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility. Previously it said "Hard disk read failure" but my brother tried to change up the bios settings and now it tells me that new phrases that I put on top -> No bootable devices thank you for your help!

Re: Dell latitude d600 says No boot device available

First of all i think you will have to do a chkdsk. If this does not work, you must try to reformat your hard drive but first try to mount your disk to another PC using a connector (IDE or SATA) / USB to recover your data. Hopefully this is not a bigger problem if the disk is not damaged. Also you need to check sing a different connector if your drive i snot recognized on another system.

Most probably it appears as your hard drive is corrupted and hence your system is not booting up so i would suggest you to install another hard drive on your system and check if the hard drive boots up without any problems then this clearly indicates that the hard drive is not working and is damaged so try to approach the manufacturer to get your hard drive repaired. Hope that this will help you to fix this issue.

I solicit your help in a relatively annoying problem with my compaq laptop since it is not booting (ie it will not turn at all)! I tried to replace the battery and charger with another Evo N115, but nothing happens either what is the problem with the laptop. Should I make a cross on it and I put it to the dump, or is there a glimmer of hope. Thank you in advance for your answers!

I think I have the same problem as you the LEDs light up the computer when I plug in the charger. when I press the power button on the computer the LEDs light up, but no fan or anything else starts. it is the same problem you had. I removed a lot of stuff on the laptop, but I have yet to find the CMOS battery, what is the best solution to get rid of this problem. Please suggest me a solution to get this problem resolved.

Well i think that the problem is due to a virus which may have corrupted your system and hence it is not booting up So before trying out anything i will suggest you to try a system repair if your problem is not solved even after you finished repairing your system then i would suggest you to reformat the hard drive but if the reformatting is not resolving the issue then the problem is definitely because of the hard drive. So get it repaired.

i bought a used d600 laptop.. (cheap)..i can turn it on...how can i change the user name at login to my name?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKomatsu View Post
    i bought a used d600 laptop.. (cheap)..i can turn it on...how can i change the user name at login to my name?

You can do that from the control panel > Users account. Once you open that then you can change the password as well as username from there.