Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011

Is there a way to keep the VPN pptp connection alive on iPad?

I am always getting an error message saying that disconnected by server? . Actually I am using the iPad from last few days and whenever the iPad goes in the sleep mode then at the same time the vpn connection is also lost. I don?t know why this is happening and also don?t know how I can solve the same. So is there is any way that will help me out of case or also a way that will allow me to keep the connection alive even when the iPad goes in the sleep mode.
Old 03-01-2011

Re: Is there a way to keep the VPN pptp connection alive on iPad?

I thing the if you are unable to have a access on the server or the connection is lost then there is a way that will help you out of here is that just don?t let your iPad to go in the sleep mode. I mean to say that if the connection is lost when the ipad is in the sleep mode then please don?t let it to happen. And to do the same you have to do here is just go to settings and there you will find the general tab just tap on it and now you have to select the Auto-lock option and set it to never. I am sure that this will never break your connection. But make sure that you are using the charger continuously because is the sleep mode is deactivated then the battery will be drained out early.
Old 03-01-2011

If you will ask me then I will suggest you to reset the network settings that you have already made on your system. Now what you have to do here is that just go to the settings and select the network tab and in that you have to reset it and out the latest or the new settings. Actually it happens if the settings are not proper then we tend to get such error. I hope that changing the settings will definitely help you to solve the issue.
Old 03-01-2011

I am also going through the face where I am unable to access the connection itself on my iPad. I mean to say that I am unable to establish the Virtual private connection on my iPad. I have already inserted the sim card in it and that to an activated one. I have also made the proper settings but still the connection is not establishing. I mean to say that whenever I am trying to connect the same then it is not allowing doing it. I can?t figure out what went wrong in it and also unable to solve the issue please help me out of it.
Old 03-01-2011

I have gone through your problem and as said by you that you have inserted the SIM card properly and also the connection settings are properly done with the activation but one thing that you might have forgot here is that enabling the VPN to run. So what you have to do here is that just check out whether the VPN is activated or not and if it is not you have to activate the same. And to do it you have to go to settings and than in the networks in that you will find the VPN option in front of that you will see the ON/OFF option just select ON if it is not activated. I hope that it will help you out of this case

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,