Thread: HP Pavilion DV6 1235es AMD Turion x2 64: No sound

HP Pavilion DV6 1235es AMD Turion x2 64: No sound

My trouble is the following: I acquire a novel laptop HP Pavilion DV6 1235 is Turion x2 AMD 64 and ATI graphics card 512 MB devoted. Setup Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit or Linux Mint 7 Gloria Edition 64 bits was great; the trouble is that there is no sound on the PC, not yet playing the beginning sound of Ubuntu. I showed to setup a Linux Mint 32 bit and the effect was the similar, I as well give you start the PC with live CD and not playing any sound. Look at the properties of my system with the command “aplay-l cat / proc/asound/card0/codec # * | grep” Codec and these were the outcome I got: What can I perform to turn on the sound; as well I verified that the speaker is not in silent mode?

Re: HP Pavilion DV6 1235es AMD Turion x2 64: No sound

It appears that you have Intel HDA sound and it is extremely probable that the normal way out for all types of troubles with HDA works. You alter model to anything you have or auto or a few additional exotic models like in this issue. You may have to attempt lots of dissimilar models to obtain it to work, brand or model. Note the information to a post in the many forums for a list of models. Notwithstanding it being Turion the sound can be, and frequently is, Intel HAD.

I update the drivers to version 1.0.20 and correct the file alsa-base.conf initiated at the last part: options snd-hda-intel model = hp-dv5 enable_msi = 2 and currently I have sound with the speakers of the laptop but I have not have sound if I connect headphones or exterior speakers. I attempted with inserting the line alternatives snd-hda-intel model = Mitac in the file alsa-base.conf but it did not effort. Anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem?

Wish this will assist with the 9.04 sound troubles. Running a novel setup of Linux Mint Gloria. I got sound functioning on an Intel Corporation 82801I chip on HP dv3 2157cl with these 3 steps:
    1. Setup as normal, and perform all the updates to kernel 2.6.28.14
    2. Setup Alsa 1.0.20, then Reboot
    3. Unlock a terminal and edit alsa-base.conf as below:

Code:
    Sudo regedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    While the file is unlock add the below lines to the ending of the file later than "options snd-pcsp index=-2"
    Alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    Alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
    Options snd-hda-intel model=dell-m4-1 enable_msi=2
    Save, close and boot again. The volume is a slight low, but sound works. I pegged out all the sliders. If anybody has a recommendation for raising the volume, please post. Turns out my volume are excellent. I was utilizing a low volume test file.

I followed numerous guides and have completed numerous updates. So it may just fine be a mixture which has got my sound going but it was later than putting in the three lines:
    Code:
    Alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    Alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
    Options snd-hda-intel model=dell-m4-1 enable_msi=2
    Into the: "sudo regedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf" which got my sound up and running. If you wish me to post any information from my computer which might assist developers I am happy to perform that but you will require spelling it out step by step.