Thread: Apps crashing after 4.2 upgrade

Apps crashing after 4.2 upgrade

unfortunately I upgraded my iPad to 4.2 update (thus then including an update of the SDK and Xcode 4.2) Unfortunately, I now have the problem that crashes the App. Both the iPhone and in the simulator and all the products are generally without any errors (ie console reports nothing). Meanwhile, it runs perfectly in the except some of the applications, Please tell me how to get this problem fixed. Perhaps what is the way to achieve this? Or do you notice when you load a new view at 4.2.

Re: Apps crashing after 4.2 upgrade

I do not think that it is generating and displaying views of the info, but rather the Hide / Release of the previous views when something goes wrong. Vlt you reach the view WillAppear or similar to something that the previous view has already been released. This would also explain why it is sometimes and sometimes not, simply because it depends of when the previous view, or its contents are released.

Well, the debugger is increasing because of the same mistakes - or will be without error, but that is nothing more , However something can also be natural. I marvel containing only that it worked fine with the old version. Perhaps what is wrong with me so basically what has come to light only now. Shall I make it already on the search.

You may have your table view delegate object provided with an auto-release, what would be wrong at this point, because the submit einens delegate does not increase the retain count. Therefore, it will eventually "put away" and - with luck - this pointer then points to a different object or to Nirvana. In any case, your fault pattern indicates a close look on it. This has nothing to do with the way iOS 4.2 - it is pure coincidence that that is not previously noticed. The analyzer complains at this point because he can not know whether a car is released in this context, OK or not.

I have the table view object itself added to my view, not the template used for the UITableViewController. In iPad, I then saw that I had to connect the data source is set incorrectly. Reports and behold, it goes :-) Many many thanks. Without which I would certainly not come out because that's what is wrong. This may be consulted in any case the documentation. There are at delegating both cases, with and without 'retain'.