Thread: Error after formatting a compact Flash card with Mac

Error after formatting a compact Flash card with Mac

Hello.I "formatted" Compact Flash card by means of my Mac (PowerPC, MacOS 10.4.11).I used the Disk Utility / delete/ Volume Format I selected "File System MS-DOS (FAT32)."After formatting the disk and thus the volume I get the following information:
    On the record:
    Disc Description: Generic USB CF Media Reader
    Bus Connection: USB
    Connection Type: External
    USB Serial no: 058F312D81B
    Total capacity: 3.8 GB (4,034,838,528 bytes)
    But at what time I insert the card into the camera gives me error (Err CF).I examine the card information, which does work correctly by means of my camera (Canon 5D) with Disk Utility as well as is accurately equal in volume and almost equal to the disk except in "Description of the disc" instead of "Generic Media USB CF Reader "puts" Card reader USB media "and, most importantly believe in" partition scheme "instead of" Raw "puts" Master Boot Record (MBR), I do not know what it means.I be familiar with it is suggested to format from the camera however I cannot. Does anybody be familiar with how I be able to get that card for use in the camera?
    Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Error after formatting a compact Flash card with Mac

I would suggest you format the card from your camera. On the other hand anyway, furthermore what you comment on the difference in the partitioning scheme, try once more to format it from disk utility as well as partition tab / options choose "Master boot record on the way to observe if it works. If you have the problem unsolved please let me know so that we can provide further recommendation.

Sorry for the wait however still not resolved. Thanks to reply. I've attempted formatting a partition furthermore the option you told me (not allowed if there is a partition), I formed two volumes "Untitled" however the card still gives error. I'm meeting a friend to attempt to format it from a computer. Prove to MS-DOS FAT as well as if it does not prove it by means of NTFS. Anything that you read the camera as well as reformat it from there from there. I have been in contact with Canon furthermore have come to tell me more or less the similar. I am thinking, if that fails, to attempt to construct a "disk image" from another card to work furthermore "install" in it, to observe if it solves the trouble of formatting (not think).Thanks

I do not be familiar with if you have made any changes to the disk utility, I am still by means of Tiger 10.4.11, however I do not require to create partitions to select the partition scheme.I looked at a card formatted by means of the 5D in the disk utility, furthermore certainly, as set out partition scheme "master boot record, however I've seen further details that might be the trouble. As file system I obtain "MS-DOS file system (FAT16)", while if I attempt to format a volume that is not in that form, it shows just the option of "MS-DOS file system", not FAT 16.

I will recommend you to download the SD Formatter 2.0, please install the application as well as follow the instruction of the guidebook on the way to format your TS16GCF133 with an external card reader which be able to hold up to 16GB flash memory card as well as ensure the card in devices once more.If the trouble at a standstill exists on all devices, then your TS16GCF133 possibly not working, please gently carry the product through the receipt back to the original seller as well as inquire for a repair or else replacement service.

If your issue is not still resolve then the chances are that your device is corrupted.Please make sure that the reader connected to your PC supports a 16gb card. I make use of SD for myself furthermore had to toss out a pair of old card readers at the same time as they did not support the HD SD format. Just a thought.If your device is in warranty period then you can contact the manufacturer for further assistance.