Thread: Accessing problem with Sharepoint site through 3G

Accessing problem with Sharepoint site through 3G

Actually I am facing problem in accessing Sharepoint site through the use of 3G. First I thought that this problem is occurring because of Sharepoint site but that is not the case. When I am accessing this site through the use of Wi Fi it is working great. Hence I came to conclusion that the problem is not with the Sharepoint site but the problem is with the 3G that I am using. The thing is that if I am authenticating this with WiFi it is not giving any problem and get the authentication but this is not the case when I am trying to do the same thing with Telstra 3G. Is there anyone else who is facing the same problem or having a solution for this problem? Currently I am not aware what is causing the problem but need the solution for this problem.

Re: Accessing problem with Sharepoint site through 3G

I was also facing similar problem but now got the solution for the problem. For solving the problem that you are facing you just need to change the Cellular Data APN setting. You have to replace the telstra.iph to telstra.internet. Now the question that will arise in your mind is that what it the difference between these two. To be honest, currently I am not having any idea what is the difference between these two. But after changing these settings I was not getting this issues resolved. Hence I am suggesting this solution to solve the issue.

I think I facing similar kind of issue. I tried to set up my Touch HD to access a Sharepoint site. The username and password and the correct link is necessary. The site I have saved as bookmarks. If I want to start now requires the unit from the two codes. I have already entered x-way, definitely right, but access is denied to me. I have tried this thing a lot but it is giving message "server has an incorrect registration”. I can but do not alter or otherwise adjust what anderst. Can someone help me to solve the issue that I am facing? I will be waiting for your related reply.

What do you mean by the error message that server has an incorrect entry? So with my Touch HD I can connect, by the IE with no problems on my SharePoint Server. What you get for an error message? If the server rejects the application, then you have to login with the administrator of the SharePoint server and share name. How exactly you are trying to offending clients for you? Via GPRS or Via Wi-Fi. Is the Sharepoint server from the WAN being accessible? Which browser you try you connected to Services, IE or Opera?

An error message I get is not, but the application does not work I am constantly asked to enter user and password. If I "break off" appears, logically, "401 Unautorized" Confusing: it is a "server" and a "communication" is listed. This data cannot adapt, I know not promote them. The Sharepoint site is mine, so bad I can contact the admin. To date, attempts by mobile network. Now, via WLAN in the office, and nothing works. The server is located at a provider; ergo I am probably LAN-independent? And on the HD runs the Opera browser. Why is this distinction? What would I do that I could access via cellular network to the data? Would be the purpose of this thing?

In principle, no distinction is made, from which network you come. S just depends on the configuration. Normally, a Sharepoint server is needed for intranets. Ergo, you also need access only from the company's own network (possibly wireless). The access from the WAN becomes blocked in most cases. It would make access via GPRS is not possible. Have you ever tried out to connect via Internet Explorer? With Opera I can connect, may not on my Sharepoint server too. I should probably try the IE download on the Touch? I would also still apply to the provider, whether in principle possible via GPRS. Otherwise, it can save even more trouble would be a shame and so, unfortunately, a little shot past the goal.