Thread: How to make cell phone calls with the iPad w/3g

How to make cell phone calls with the iPad w/3g

My doubt is clearly mentioned in title that I am looking for a way through which I can make cell phone calls using the iPad w/3g. I thought of this possibility because iPad is having 3G and Bluetooth, and I was thinking of making the call using the Bluetooth headset. But I was not able to find any related information related to this topic. Now I need help from someone, who can provide a solution for this thing. But before that I want to know is thing possible or not. If no then what is the reason for that and if yes then what is the procedure for doing this thing. I think that I have made you clear about the problem that I am facing now I need the solution for the same. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: How to make cell phone calls with the iPad w/3g

Well my friend you are having some misconception and let me clear that. First of all iPad is not a cell Phone. The other point of using the headset is also wrong, because the Bluetooth profiles that are given on iPad do not support the headsets. But there are some applications that you can use for the things that you are trying to achieve. You can use iCall and Skype for this purpose. I am suggesting this thing because personally I am using iCall for this thing. But there is problem, if you want use that then you have go through a thirty seconds ad before you make any call. I think that this should not matter you because you are getting these things for free. In short the answer for your question is no, but you can use the turn way around, if you want. I am sure that this will really help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

Here is the solution for the problem that you are facing. You need is the sipgate for iPad app that free in App Store is available. With the sipgate calls using VoIP can be performed on the iPad. To make calls, either a Bluetooth headset or the handsfree function of the app can be used. In addition, one of the app sipgate also send text messages and send and receive faxes. Other functions of the app are: Three conferences, Brokering and Call recording. Of course, in addition to the app also needs an account with sipgate. If you have any other issue then you can ask me without any fear. I am here to resolve your issues related to your iPad or iPhone. Now you have got the solution for the problem you are facing, hence do not forget visit here again.

If you are facing problem in using sipgate for your iPad then you have to configure it. Please try to configure your device with the following data: Domain / Realm: sipgate. SIP Proxy: sipgate. Outbound Proxy: sipgate. STUN Server: stun.sipgate.net STUN Port: 10000. Register Expire Time: 600 seconds. Username: Your 7 digit SIP ID. Authorization User: Your 7 digit SIP ID. SIP Password: Your SIP password. Your SIP ID and SIP password, see your account under 'Settings' in the overview. Make sure all your entries are case-sensitive and enter the data manually and not a copy and paste. I am sure that after doing this you will not face any other issue related to this. But if you have then let me know, I will try to resolve it.

Have all the information entered manually. Unfortunately there is not success. It is not working in the way it should work. I think that it is really difficult to achieve this. Here are the settings that I have done manually. Username: the 7-digit ID from sipgate. Password: SIP Password. Server: Sipgate. Then expanded as: Reg Time out: 600, Proxy Server sipgate, Active NAT = off, Auth. Username: 7 digit SIP ID, Contact: empty, Local Port: 5060, RTP port: empty, Stun Domain: sipgate, Stun Server: stun.sipgate.net: 10000, Add logfile: disabled, there are my settings. But it does not work. The password I have entered several times due to typos. But this thing is not working and the VPN is disabled. If you have any other advice then let me know.

Does anyone have experience with sipgate? Seems like he can do is there a free landline phone number and be on this for yourself then call for free and for others just the normal rate (often yes, but also because of flat rates for free). Outgoing calls cost $ 0.01 to landline well. Made for someone to experience and you can easily log on there? Seems a very cool thing but it must work. If an incoming call from a landline phone, then traffic is routed through the servers of sipgate probably, right? VoIP to VoIP, but it is using the SIP protocol. If anyone has experienced this thing then do not forget to share your experience. I will be waiting to hear back.