Thread: iBookstore is just a crap on iPhone 4

iBookstore is just a crap on iPhone 4

I have Iphone 3G on my updated OS 4. This information was then also on the free app from Apple iBooks.
    Food-nix - Let's try then.
    Some free books available, mostly in English. Tried it once I have the classic Winnie the Poo invited to. The presentation I found disappointing. Ragged lines, illustrations that have been widely displayed, but destroyed the page generated. I had me differently. The hammer was then when switching to the Iphone 4th. We promised by Apple, you can make a backup of the old iPhone, then connect the new Iphone, play everything back and start working. I'm not a fan of DRM, is well known. And promptly had the (free) eBook Winnie the Poo not persuade accepted on my new iPhone to. I have no time and no time for me to deal with DRM issues. So I deleted the whole app at this point again.
    Is it just crap, if manufacturers want to spoon-feed customers and then not even work properly. What do you think of the apple iBookstore

Re: iBookstore is just a crap on iPhone 4

I can therefore confirm your report at all. DRM may be annoying on the iPhone and iPad with iBooks but fortunately there are so few problems. Purchases of books I can use easily on the iPhone and iPad and even after the migration of 3G to the iPhone 4 were to import the backup all the books, bookmarks and positions back there and usable. A book that is not activated for a particular device, but for the iTunes account and all devices with this account can be used a purchased book. Maybe you have tried to download the book again to buy new / what in an earlier version of iBooks have led to error messages. If you write the book but simply from iTunes sync or import a backup that works without problems.

So what I have reproduced here as an experience report, happened to me. If it would happen again and so we would have scrapped the DRM garbage certainly. But under certain circumstances it can happen just that the DRM-dog bites his owner. I have, as I said, no great efforts made to find the problem because I simply have no desire to solve problems of the manufacturers would not, if the publishers would show customer-friendliness.

I agree with you because the update is not working well from iPhone to iPhone even if it is on the same Apple account. After the update came each time you synchronize a message that the book Winnie the Poo for licensing reasons (or something similar) could not be synchronized. Until I deleted the book eventually. This should happen in this form even my wife, who is on a new, possibly even paid, was pleased eBook. For technical relationships it has no nerve. It just has to work only - a claim that appears for a normal user entirely justified. For display. Nice if it works for most users. For me it has only been looking stupid. While most things from the App Store are relatively foolproof, I would not certify the iBook anyway.

I have no idea what went wrong with you but that's definitely not as usual. I've tried a few bookstores and iBookstore is IMO the easiest and safest fool of all. DRM I'm not a friend - Apple certainly does not - but that's just a different topic. At the presentation of the book - in the iBook, you can display your own ideas to adapt and font size, change the background and orientation. Maybe you would have time to take the 5 minutes time to try this out. Even Apple can not know how you read your favorite books and can not out-of-the-box provide an optimal result for you.

I have customized every app that allows customization, to my needs. And believe me, I'm not a technical novice. Moreover as I was interested in the concept of the app, put a whole lot of time. Finally, the problem was with the DRM only when switching to the Iphone 4th Until then, I had invited other free books, deleted, bookmarks, etc. tested In any case, Apple's Bookshelf is not my thing. Not even if it would run properly with me. Just because an app is not running with me, which makes no problems with you, you have to ask me any disability. I expect that there will be more such problems, the more people involved with the app.