Thread: Printing With Lexmark X5320 connected with Linux Mint 10

Printing With Lexmark X5320 connected with Linux Mint 10

I have just installed the Linux Mint 10 (Julia) on my laptop which was having Windows operating system earlier. I have connected the Lexmark X5320 Printer with this machine and the problem has arrived when I try to print anything from Linux. Can anybody tell me that why this printer have stopped working suddenly as soon as I installed the Linux Julia on my machine?

Re: Printing With Lexmark X5320 connected with Linux Mint 10

Possibly this seems to be an issue regarding the printer drivers that you need to install on your Linux machine due to which it might not be printing after giving the print command. I suggest you to find out the accurate Linux drivers for your printer from an official website of the Lexmark and then install it on your machine. After installing the the drivers, Reboot your machine and then check that your printer prints pages or not.

As you have not mentioned any type of error that you might be getting when you try to print from your Linux Julia operating system. Actually any kind of error would be helping us to get the proper reason due to which your printer is not bale to take out the printers. Most of the time, It is the printer drivers which are seemed to be causing for not printing.

If you are not able to find out the proper driver of your printer to make it running on Linux operating system then I guess you should check out the linux driver for similar kind of printer such as driver of same series of printer or same brand which might get working on your machine. But make sure that you have to keep on checking with all the drivers as it is bit hard working practically but you don't have any other option if there is no drivers has been made for your printer to work with it on Linux.