Thread: What is Boxee

What is Boxee

Hi there, I am having one question which i need to solve with you. Actually i was surfing on net and i come to know about the device called Boxee. I have gone through the specification of it but still unable to understand use of this device. What purpose this device is used for? If you are having any knowledge about this device then do let me know the same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Boxee

D-Link and Boxee are planning to launch in France shortly Boxing Box (yet) a "box" all-in-one media, but without storage, stuffed functionality. Boxing Box stands out from the competition by two points. The first, particularly advanced architecture based on an nVidia Tegra processor 2, and on an Intel Atom, the same type as found in the current netbooks. So much power. The second is its interface, ultra-friendly and strongly oriented Web, certifies compatibility with Internet standard HTML5 which allows you to surf on sites like YouTube, Flickr, Facebook. Navigation will be simplified by the presence of a remote, RF So from the furniture, enjoying a full alphanumeric keyboard.

It is a device to support the boxee software platform. Among these basic features are counting on the playback from external drives or USB keys, but also play music streaming and access to a wide variety of content. Note that unlike the Toshiba spots , boxing Box has no tuner Freeview built. Evidence of a large aperture, the interface can be downloaded for testing on multiple platforms, Windows, Mac, and Linux (and Apple TV if you're a little bit techie).

D-Link offers us a new object to appear on its list of year-end: Boxing Box (the name is reminiscent of the family of products from Asus). This case is intended to assist in processing your TV and viewing your digital works. For in addition to being beautifully designed by Astro Studios , his heart is composed of electronic circuit nVidia graphics: the ION. Little information on the content: the marketing argument ION seems sufficient to promote the performance of this machine. But it seems perfectly tailored for multimedia entertainment lounge: with an HDMI video output and optical (S / PDIF), it will interface easily with your installation. For data storage, you have the standard USB ports (2.0) and SD slot (no information on possible internal hard drive). If you have a home network you can connect this box using an Ethernet cable or WiFi (802.11n) allowing more access to the net, to all social networks to fashion and the VoD (VOD)

The small box will allow it to slip easily alongside the classic box of your service providers before being replaced by the atombox-adsl-tv orange. The good news is that the OS of the box is Boxee (hence its name), a derivative of XBMC , so we can easily find the plug-in. The bad news is that the box will be available in 2010 (and probably U.S. only at first) but like XBMC, you can try the software Boxee (after registering on the site) on your PC (Windows or linux) and / or mac.

The wait is still long, but it just announced its availability to book online stores at a price of $ 230, the first shipments to arrive home in November, unfortunately Spain is not among the selected countries . Update: We can read on her official blog and have updated information on European countries to be available, and Spain appears on the list, keeping the month of November as the date of departure. Good news for those interested in acquiring a Boxee Box.

To his credit will not forget that with hardware acceleration for Flash 10.1, 3D for getting power to run demanding applications, at least in the case of Google TV devices uses a PowerVR GPU SGX535 (can be found on the iPhone 4/iPad) . It remains to confirm the choice made in Boxee Box.