Thread: iPad Home button not functioning

iPad Home button not functioning

After looking at the various cases of the iPad; I have come up here with an issue here. I have seen that the Home button of iPad is not functioning in the manner as it should so I would like to know if there is a way by which I can have the things working in the proper manner. I have seen that it is just not responding how many times I tap the Home Button. Well is there anything with which you would like me to help here.

Re: iPad Home button not functioning

No looking at the things here it seems that it will be really great if you can get you iPad to the Apple Service Center and let them see the issue there. Of course go for this if your iPad is under the warrant and see with what they help you there. It might me just a bug and hence the Home tap must not be responding while you are tapping the screen. Please let me know what they suggested you with. Hope that they will take care of the issue there.

Well if your iPad has not suffered from any physical damage then let me tell you that you will definitely not have any issue with this. You can have the iPad of yours replaced and that too vesry easily under the warranty. In addition to this please let me know what did you actually do with iPad of yours that suddenly affected the working of Home Button there. Did you install some updates or some other version of the iOS that has been released recently? Please let me know about this and will help you after seeing the next post of yours. Will be waiting for your next post.

What can you all help me with. I have a little different scenario. I bought the iPad from different country and I am now stuck with the same issue here and I really feel very uneasy with this. I will be happy if you can help me with some solution on which I can try on by myself here. I do not think that I will be able to get any help from the franchise of the Apple store that is in my country here. I had updated the iPad with the latest iOS 4.2.1 and if that is causing the issue then please let me know what can be done here so that I can have it removed.

Of course the issue can be because of the iOS 4.2.1; well yet it has not been discovered if this is reliable or not and if you are having it here then it will be great if you can uninstall this version of the iOS and can roll back to the previous version that you were having on the iPad. You can have the iOS 4.1 installed on the iPad and I am definitely sure if this was the latest thing that was in and after that you were able to see the issue then after removing it you will be able to see the Home Button working appropriately in your case here and that too without any issue.

Well really if you will ask me I do not think that it can cause you the trouble but if you want you can simply go with resetting the iPad of yours. Once if you will be able to have the iPad reset then you will have it working in the manner as you actually wanted there. You can press the power button on the iPad for 3 seconds and then after you see the slider and then you slide your finger on it the iPad screen should go black and after 10 to 15 seconds of waiting you can restart iPad by pressing the iPhone and once you are done with this you can test the functionality of the Home button on the iPad. Please try this and let me know if after following all this things you were able to have the things working in the proper manner.