Thread: Slow internet connection on iPad 3G

Slow internet connection on iPad 3G

I really do not know what can be the possible issue here with the iPad that I am having here. I have seen that on the iPad that is capable of having both 3G and the WiFi the internet speed is very slow. Also I am saying this since I have the Modem that takes in the 3G card; when I place the 3G card in the iPad I have seen that the upload and the download speed is very low and when I put it in the 3G modem I have seen that the download and the upload speed just gets boost up. So please can anyone here tell me what can be reason for this slow behavior of the iPad here.

Re: Slow internet connection on iPad 3G

Well it seems that your iPad need to get updated; well looking at the things that you have mentioned it really gives this presence here. Well if that is really the case then I would suggest you to connect your iPad with the computer of yours and then sync it with the iTunes. After you get this done then you will be required to search for the updates for iPad there. Once you are able to find the perfect match in this case then you can just have the iPad updated there.

It looks like that you need to update the iOS of your iPad but let me tell you that it will be really great if you can have the iPad of yours updated to the iOS version 4.1 or iOS 4.1.x but please do not install the latest one running in the market. The current update that is running in the market is the iOS 4.2 and it is buggy; yet no solution have been found for the bug list that this version of the iOS has produced so far.

Just do one thing. Reset the Network settings there and see if that can solve the issue with which you are stuck here. You can tap the Settings option in the iPad; once you will tap this there then you will be required to choose the Reset option and then you will see another option beneath it saying Reset Network Setting. You will have to tap on this option there. After you are done with this let me tell you that you will have all the issues related to the Networks and the Internet solved after this step. Please see for this step and let me know if the issues were solved.

I really do not think that you will be able to get out of the issue with just resetting the Network Settings. You will be really required to do the reset on the iPad and for that you will have to press the power button on the iPad. You will be required to press the power button for three seconds and after that you will see a rectangular box appearing on the screen. Then you will be able to see a Slider appearing there; just slide on the screen with the finger there. After doing this you will see that the screen on iPad is going blank. Then you will be required to wait for few seconds and then restart the iPad and again you will have to hit the power key for the next three seconds. Please let me know if this is the case here.

It seems to me that you will have to RESTORE the iPad and here is the thing that you can go with. You will have to first have the iTunes downloaded; please see that you have the latest one for this. Now using the USB cable you will be required to connect iPad of yours to the PC. You will be asked to select the DEVICE from the device list and you will have to select the iPad Option there. Now you will be required to see for the Summary tab there. Once you will find this then you will be required to click on Restore button. Finally at the end it (iTunes) will ask you for the Restore; confirms it by clicking on the option there. Now wait for the iPad to Restore. Hope that you will find the issue solved after this step here.